twenty-four

2 4.

~*~

Jack Gregory Dawson was the worst person alive. It didn't really surprise me that he would do something like this. In the past, whenever I talked to a boy or whenever they needed help with schoolwork, Jack would threaten them to leave me alone.

He never wanted me to be happy. Funny thing was that he actually thought I was happy with him. I was though, but as time passed I saw his true colors and I hated him.

I told him I never wanted to see him again when I caught him in bed with some other girl, he pleaded for my forgiveness. It really hurt me to see him do that to me. He menaced me into staying with him. The day I left for University, he was so livid that he actually slapped me for leaving him.

Twisting and squirming my body to get out of the males hold, he wouldn't let me go. I watched as they kicked and punched Ryan continously. He was too weak to fight back. One held his arms as Jack kicked him in the stomach and punched him in the face.

Blood was pouring out of his mouth and deep purple bruises was starting to form around his right eye. My heart sunk deep into my stomach.  "I hate you!" I shouted to Jack to which he snapped his head into my direction.

He lifted his hand up and the male released his hold on me and the other let Ryan fall to the ground. With lightning speed, I ran toward Ryan as I knelt down beside him. "Ryan," I said as I placed my hand on his chest.

The tears wouldn't start pouring out of my eyes as I saw him lie there on his back; unconscious. Then, he coughed and heaved, the blood pouring out of his mouth. Reaching for my phone inside my pocket, I dialed nine-one-one. I told them what happened and gave them our location and they said that the ambulance was on their way.

Jack still had the nerve to stand there and watch how Ryan was suffering. I stood up to my feet and walked over to him. With all my remaining strength, I pushed him hard. "I fucking hate you!"

He outstretched his hands and took a step closer to me. "Baby, I'm sorry," Jack said, to which Ryan groaned.

I slapped him across the face. "Fuck you!"

Without giving it any thought, I was back down on my knees. "Everything's going to be okay," I told him soothingly as I placed a kiss on his forehead, moving his hair away from his forehead. "The ambulance just got here."

Sirens were heard as the big white truck with red labels attached to it stopped in front of us. The paramedics jumped out of the truck and knelt down beside me. "Ma'am, can you tell me what happened?"

"They..." and I broke down again, grabbing onto the lady as I let my tears out of my eyes. I hated Jack for his entire being. He was dead to me.

She held me held up with the other paramedic checked up on Ryan. "It's okay," she said as she put me in the back of the truck. "Deep breaths," she said, inhaling and exhaling. "Keep doing that."

I pointed to Jack and his men. "They d-did it," I managed to say. "They did this to him."

Pressing the small device on her shoulder, she mumbled something like we need officers right away or something like that. I couldn't quite remember.

As they pushed Ryan into the back of the truck, they connected several wires and tubes into him. It was a sore sight for me. His eyes were closed but his breathing was slow.

"Take this," the male paramedic said as he gave me a tablet and a glass of water. I took it from him and drank the tablet.

The drive wasn't long and we arrived at the hospital. The female paramedic helped me while the male pushed Ryan into the emergency room. She let me inside and sat me down on a plastic chair. "Is he your boyfriend?" she asked and I nodded, as she placed a comforting hand on my knee. "He's going to alright."

When she disappeared, I didn't take my eyes off the wall next to me. Just when I was happy, then something like this had to happen. Seconds, minutes and hours passed until a doctor dressed in a white lab coat came out.

I jumped up from my seat as I approached him. He had salt and pepper hair, beautiful brown eyes and pale skin.

"How is he doing?" Was the first thing I asked. "Is he going to be alright? Is he—"

Doctor Andrew—what his name tag read—held his hand out to stop me from talking.  "He's unconscious," he said, causing me to blink. "But he'll be okay."

I relaxed as I let out a sigh. "Oh my god. Can I see him?" 

He shook his head. "Not at the moment. Give it a few hours and I'll let you in."

"Okay thank you doctor," I said and he nodded, going back to do his head.

With trembling fingers, I took my out my phone and called my mother. Pressing the phone against my ear, by the third ring, I said, "Mom something happened with Ryan. And I need you h—"

Her mother instincts took over. "Where are you?"

I whimpered. "I'm at the hospital. Jack and his friends beat Ryan up." With not much strength left, I sat down on my chair and let the tears flow out of my gates.

"I'll be right there." My mom reassured me she hung up.

You don't know how much you love someone until something happened to them. My heart felt small and cramped. Shaking body and hurting head, I didn't want to leave Ryan alone. No matter what.

Twenty minutes later, Jennifer came rushing to my side as she engulfed me into a hug. "Oh baby," she whispered as she kissed the top of my head.

Her hand rubbed my back. "He'll be okay," she soothed. "And he'll fight for you because he loves you."

I sniffed as I pulled away from her hold. "I hate Jack so much mom."

Jennifer's eyes were teary from crying. She reached out and wiped my own tears. "He'll pay for this. Don't worry, Ryan is strong and he'll survive. He'll do this for you."

"I have to see him."

Her shoulders slumped. "You can't, not yet. Let's go home and you can take a fresh shower and we can come back."

Shaking my head, I said, "no, mom, I can't leave him here. I won't do that. I love him mom."

She pulled me into her arms again. "I know you do," she whispered placing a kiss ontop of my head. "I know you do."

~*~

A/N:

this was a hard one. lemme know what you think. this is the penultimate chapter, by the way.

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.