seventeen

1 7.

~*~

During the car ride, I fell asleep and my neck hurt from the uncomfortable angle. "Wakey wakey," a familiar deep and raw voice said near my ear.

I slowly pried my eyes open to see him very close, like if I pouted my lips, I would kiss him. Ryan had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen, they were so blue and beautiful.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep," I apologized as I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "I had the weirdest dream ever."

He was studying my face as his eyes searched for something in me. There was a silly swirling in my stomach again, and as much as I hate to admit it—I was liking Ryan way more than I should.

"Yeah?" he grinned exposing his white teeth. "Was it about me?"

I rolled my eyes and I pushed him playfully. "Don't flatter yourself." Of course it was about him but he didn't need to know that though. "Where's Jasmine?"

"You won't be able to see her," he said as he outstretched his hand for me to take. "Come on, I already set up the tent."

Reluctantly, I got out of the car as I let his hand slip through mine—it was a perfect fit—with his large hand and my small one. He dragged me all the way through crowds of students who were giving us weird looks, but I didn't care I loved this side of Ryan.

There was a huge building in front of us, probably the lodge but it was instructed that we must share a tent. It was actually a great idea because you could get to know your roommate. After endless laughing, and pulling, we finally stopped near a lake. Our blue dome tent was hooked to several trees and poles in the ground.

The open side of the tent was facing the water and the breathtaking mountains in the background as the reflection in the water looked surreal. I could see it even though it was only the moon that provided light. We were several feet away from the other students, and this was just so Ryan.

I folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes as I turned around to look at him. "You don't have to act like a gentleman, you know."

"You don't think I am?" he said teasingly as he took my hand in his again and interlocked our fingers. The stars were above us. There was a breeze blowing but I said nothing as he pulled us back into the tent.

A blue blowup bed was in the center of the medium-sized dome tent, and our bags were neatly stuffed in the corner. There was also a little light hanging from the top of the tent.

"Are we suppose to sleep on one bed?" I asked turning around to look at him.

The excitement vanished from his face as his grin slowly faded from his lips. "Yeah, if y-you feel uncomfortable, I can sleep outside or share a tent with someone else."

I laughed as I shoved his shoulder playfully. "I'm kidding! Don't be so dramatic."

Without feeling the need to undress since it was already cold, I kicked out my shoes and crawled onto the blowup bed, and got under the quilt. Ryan took off his jeans—I tried not to ogle, but it was impossible—and he disgarded his shirt.

Ryan was standing in his boxers. He had a really good, toned and tanned body. I could literally see how each ab stood out and that turned me on. When he saw me checking him out, he just smiled to himself and got in next to me.

Immediately, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him. "You're so cold," he said in my ear.

"I-I know," I stuttered.

He pulled me really close to his body as I could feel the heat radiating from his body. It was comfortable. And I was okay with comfortable.

"Aren't you getting cold?" I asked after a short while, wondering how the hell he could sleep in only a pair of boxers. But he always slept in a pair of boxers.

"No," he replied kissing me behind my ear, sending tingles throughout my body. "I'd rather keep you warm."

We stayed silent as we enjoyed nothing but each other's silence. It was really comforting, to be honest. I believe I was in the acceptance stage at this point.

"Why don't you like me?" he suddenly asked, breaking the silence around us. His voice was deep when he asked this and very close to my ear.

"Because you're a fuckboy," I replied as if it was the most simplest thing.

Ryan sighed. "Oh my god Lydia," he said defeated as he threw himself back against the pillows.

I shrugged my shoulders. "What? I'm just stating the facts here."

He rolled his eyes at me as he got up from the bed, leaving my following question to float in the air, "where are you going?" Once he disappeared into the dark of the night, I found myself crawling out of the tent as my eyes searched for said boy.

When he didn't show up in fifteen minutes, I started to panic. Was he mad at me for telling him off? It wasn't my intention to make him feel that way. Did he really just leave me here? Just when the tears started to pool in the brim of my eyes, I saw a half-naked tanned boy with messy hair approach the tent with a huge brown teddy bear.

"This is for you," he said as he handed me the brown teddy with a big red ribbon wrapped around its neck and Ryan he held a chocolate box in his other hand.

Damn, I'd always been a sucker for a enormous bear. "How did you know I wanted a teddy bear?" I asked as I sniffed the teddy bear, it smelled just like Ryan—strong and manly.

"I overheard your conversation with your mom," he responded sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"Now you stalking me?" I teased as I saw the blush creep up to his cheeks.

He shrugged and shook his head. "No, of course not."

"Thank you," I said almost in a whisper, and went inside to put the teddy bear on the mattress before I went back outside. Ryan was starting up a fire as he began to rub sticks together.

I walked up to him. "It's freezing," I stated. "Aren't you gonna sleep?"

Ryan smiled when he saw it caught a spark and stood up. "Nah," he replied as he turned around to look at me. "I can't sleep, because I've fallen in love with you. This feeling is so good yet it makes me feel bad. This feeling hurts."

Then I noticed a tear slide down his cheek and I stepped forward, and wrapped around his torso. It hurt me to know that he'd been crying because of me. "Oh Ryan," I said into his hard chest. "We all go through something in our lives. And I'd be damned if I didn't support you on that. I really like you too." I moved my head up to look at him. "We can be friends though."

He wiped his cheek with his hand as he shrugged. "Well, at least I can take you out right?" he asked looking at me. "Don't bother to answer. I know your answer is no."

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, I would love for you to take me out."

"Really?" he asked smiling.

"Yeah," I replied without a doubt. This feeling inside was my chest was nice, and I decided to keep it that way. I was the cause of my own happiness and I was going to be happy.

~*~

A/N:

oh my god finally! they are finally together. not yet, but yaay! well, it’s a start.

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.