sixteen

1 6.

Lydia | Jennifer and Ryan.

~*~

One thing was for certain, I was falling for Ryan. But I couldn't be falling for something like him. He was a dipshit, and a man-whore—and a cute one too. It was the same feeling I felt with Jack, but my feelings for Ryan was stronger.

I already went through the stage of denial, anger and depression. And that wasn't easy, not that I expected it to be anyway. My head hurt when I opened my eyes. The blinds were still closed and when I turned to my left, Ryan was gone. Figures, I thought as I sat up in bed, rubbing my face with my hands and running them through my hair.

There was an awful taste in my mouth, sour and bitter. My body hurt everywhere, especially my head. All of a sudden, the dorm room door opened and Ryan materialized with a bag of food.

When he saw me, he smiled and my heart warmed up. "Good morning," he greeted too happily as he walked over to the blinds. "Close your eyes, this is going to hurt."

The light came through the window, almost blinding my vision as I covered my face with my hands, and groaned. "I bought you McDonald's and painkillers for your hangover."

Internally, I smiled to myself because he woke up early just to buy me food. Externally, I couldn't even move my lips into a smile because I was in pain. He ruffled with the bag and took out the burger. "Here," he handed me it as he went into the bathroom to pour some water. "Take two of these and you'll be fine."

"Thanks," I mumbled and did what I was told. Never in my life had I been this grateful for someone. "What time is it?"

Ryan pulled his phone out of pocket. "Uh... eleven. We're leaving around three, so you can still sleep. I can clean the room if you want?"

God, why was he making it so hard not to fall for him? I nodded and slipped back into bed, really thankful for him, even though I didn't know where we stood. Probably still enemies.

After my nap, I was fresh and when I didn't see Ryan I took that as my cue to take a quick shower and to start packing my clothes. Basically this trip was about relaxing and enjoying yourself before the exam.

When I heard the door open, I popped my head out of the bathroom to see Ryan standing in a pair of joggers, white tank top and a pair of sneakers. "No girls inside the tent," I warned him as I retrieved my head back into the bathroom.

"Of course not," he replied to which I was surprised to hear.

I furrowed my eyebrows and popped my head back to look at him. "Wait... aren't you going to argue about it?"

He gave me his famous smirk. "Nope."

"What are you up to?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing. Just being the man you want me to be."

He didn't need to change just because I didn't approve of his behavior. I strolled out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my head. "No Ryan. You don't have to change because of me. You can be whoever you want to be."

If anything, I didn't want him to change. He was perfect the way he was. I was starting to feel something for him and I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. The next step was to trick him into believing that his feelings for me weren't real, that it was all just fantasies.

"Lydia, can't you see I'm falling for you?"

I sighed as I took out my duffel bag underneath bed and start to pack random clothes. "Ryan, this feeling you claim to have is not something good. This feeling is not real. Your mind is tricking you into believing—"

He took a step closer to me. "No, Lydia, you don't understand. You don't know how I feel. I feel something for you and I wanna try it out. I've never felt like this before and I'll prove it to you."

"Ryan please don't—"

Before I could finish my sentence, Ryan smashed his lips on mine. It took me a few seconds to realize what was happening. My body went rigid, and I wanted to pull away, but my mind made me stay put. And so I found myself kissing him back.

It was a good kiss, but what did it mean? This was the second time I kissed him. And come to think of kissing, he hadn't been with a girl in our dorm for a long time now—months maybe, more specifically—six months.

I pulled away from the kiss. "Why did you do that?"

"I want to prove my love to you."

His blue eyes had sparkles in them and I could almost see the story behind them. So I told him a big fat lie, "I don't want to be part of it, so please leave me alone."

Ryan sighed as he took a step back and ran his fingers through his already disheveled hair. "When I saw you with Hunter, my—my heart hurt... it felt like someone ripped it out of my chest. I haven't got laid in months, months because you're the one that I want."

"Oh my god Ryan," I snapped unintentionally. "When will you realize this feeling you're having is fake?"

"I'm not the same guy anymore. I'm different."

"You don't even know me. You don't know anything about me."

He laughed at that. "That's what you think because I know more than you think. You are so special, no wonder my heart won't stop beating for you."

I didn't say anything as I didn't want to fight anymore. This was getting a routine now. Why were we arguing anyway? My head began to spin because he was doing this to me. I unwrapped the towel from my head and let my damp hair flow down my shoulders.

Without protest, I grabbed my duffel bag and swung it over my shoulder. "I'll see you in the car," I told him as I took my iPhone from the nightstand and left him behind.

All the students were making their way out of their dorm rooms to the cars outside. There was a buzz to them, like they were waiting for this day to arrive. They were too excited for my liking.

I was traveling with Jasmine, Hunter and Ryan. The principal said four in each car, and we weren't being spoiled, one of us had to drive. Hunter decided that he will be driving, and Jasmine will be sitting in the passenger seat. Ryan and I will be sitting at the back seat—how great.

After we put our bags in the trunk and everything was settled, we were on the road in no time as we followed the cars ahead of us. Jennifer and I weren't communicating as much, so I took the opportunity to text her.

I'm sorry that I haven't got time to talk to you, I've been so busy lately. University life isn't as easy as I thought. I miss you, how are you?

Jennifer replied almost immediately to my text, as if she was waiting for me to text her. I felt bad for not doing so. Instead of blaming Ryan this time, I took full responsibility.

I'm doing fine. Work hasn't been that easy either. I miss you too. You should visit some time, hope you're not too busy for that.

I will check my schedule but I'm sure I can make it.

Shit, work called. I'll call you later, okay?

Ending the text with a heart emoji, I stuffed my phone into my front pocket. A few minutes later, another text came through, she was probably going to tell how me it was a mistake, but when I saw Ryan's name on the screen, I rolled my eyes.

You look so hot, and beautiful. Good thing you're wearing jeans.

Oh my God, is that your way of flirting with me? You get minus ten.

He chuckled next to me. You're all I want, and I'm going to do everything to make you mine. Even if I have to move mountains.

~*~

A/N:

fun fact: during my planning, Ryan was supposed to be blonde but i somehow managed to make his hair light brown, idk why. i guess i have a thing for brown hair.

you’re beautiful and that’s a fact, so slay.