|13|

Stark tucked in the nine year old in one of the guest beds before leaving. Pepper stood at the counter in the kitchen. "You ready to tell me what you know?" Stark asked, wrapping his arms around the woman's waist. This action and question made Potts.giggle.

"Tony, I said I can't" she answered, kissing her husband on the cheek. "And you should respect that. Besides..." she turns herself around to fully face the slightly taller man, wrapping her hands around his neck. "Like I said, you'll figure out eventually."

Stark sighed and made whiny noise, making him sound like a child. "Can I at least know why I don't remember this woman, yet find her voice to be familiar?" He asked. Pepper gave Stark a smile.

"No" she simply answered. Stark made another whiny noise. Pepper rolled her eyes, before going back to make her coffee. "Besides, I'm not the one who you should be asking these questions too" she spoke once again. Stark had his eyebrow rose. "You should ask Banner, or Fury. Not like Fury will tell you, but Bruce might."

Stark crossed his arms, in total confusion. "How would either of them know?" He asked. Pepper had her cup in hand, taking a slow sip, truly wanting to ignore the question, knowing she couldn't tell him. "Pepper!" Stark whined. "Tell me, please."

Pepper sighed and rolled her eyes. "You're a big baby, and I cannot tell" she spoke. "But if you really want to know, go and talk to Banner, try and get him to talk. He's down in the lab." Stark rose a brow. When and why was Banner in the lab this early? It was just 6-something in the morning.

Stark went down to the lab to reveal Banner's back towards him. Tony walked down with two cups of coffee, one for him and one for Bruce. He stopped in his tracks once he was beside the doctor, and placed one cup of coffee on the desk. With this, the man's attention was grabbed away from whatever he was working on.

"Oh, hello, Tony" Bruce said, seeming surprised to see Stark in his own lab. Tony gave Bruce a half smile instead of saying "hello." The two shared awkward looks at each other, the two silent.

"So..." Banner spoke, breaking the unnerving silence. "Did you know I was down here?" Stark shrugged, grabbing the coffee from the desk, handing it to the doctor.

"Pepper told me. When did you get here?" Stark asked as Banner awkwardly and gently grabbed the cup of coffee from Stark.

"I got here around five fifteen, maybe earlier" Banner answered, taking a small sip of his coffee before placing it back down on the desk in front of him. "When I got here you-um-you weren't here. Where were you?"

Stark shrugged leaning against the desk a smidge, arms crossed. "Got a call" he answered. "From the police. A boy's aunt went missing, the kid has no other family members that are alive or stable to take care of a child, and I was in the aunt's contacts." Bruce nodded, raising a brow.

"Did you know this woman?" Banner asked. "I mean, I assume you did cause she has your phone number, and last time I checked, your phone number wasn't leaked or anything." Stark finally took a sip of his coffee.

"Yeah, well, I got a voicemail before the call from the police" Stark explained. "And that woman's voice sounded so familiar, and along with that. She basically told the future by telling me the cops may call."

Bruce nodded, raising an eyebrow. Stark stopped leaning against the desk, putting his coffee down, arms crossed over chest. He walked more closer to Banner until his and Bruce's chest almost touched. "With that being said, I have a question for you" Stark spoke. "Do you know who May Parker is?"

This is when Banner got wide eyed. Yes, he does know who May was. No, he isn't allowed to say how. "I, uh..." Bruce tried to come up with a response but he couldn't, and he couldn't lie cause Stark knew his signs of lying.