|22|

Once they got to the tower, Stark rushed into his and Peppers shared room. Banner rose a brow in utter confusion at the rushing, and decided to follow. Has he took a peak inside, he could see Stark typing on his computer with a look of determination on his face. Bruce leaned his side on the open door way.

"Uh...Tony..?" Banner said, his voice hinting how confused and curious he was. "What are you doing?" Stark stayed silent for a few minutes has he pulled something up on his screen. From where banner was, he was unable to see what exactly was shown on the screen. "Stark?"

"Oh, Bruce" Stark looked over his shoulder to see the scientist, sounding surprised at the appearance of Banner. "Lets just say, we will figure out what Donnlley is going after her little job." Tony moved out of Banners way for him to be more able to see the screen. Bruce leaned off the doorway, walking more closer to the screen. Pulled up was what seemed to be a tracking website. Specifically, on the screen, it showed a dot moving.

Banner grinned at this. This was gonna definitly help them find Donnlley and the missing adults. "Wow..." Banner replied. "How...how were you able to get the tracker on her?"

"Well, I went to get the children, and before I was about to go, I patted her on her shoulder, which is where the tracker is" Stark explained, looking back at the computer screen. The green dot looked to be on the move. "Oh, and this isn't just a tracker." Stark typed a few more buttons before a noise came from the computer's speakers. A unfamiliar song was on, and a very bad singing voice could be heard over it. The two covered their ears has Stark turned the volume almost all the way down. "It allows me to hear what's going on."

Banner nodded his head. Was this it? Were they gonna be able to find out where May and the others are being held?

_______

Price opened the garage door, Donnlley's van driving in. Hopping out of her car, she noticed May's mouth was taped shut, and the other parent was conscious. "Well, nice to see you all awake" Donnlley said, her tone hinting aggravation. Price smiled at his boss, innocently. Internally, he was scared for his life. He literally was the reason why those ankle biters got away. If he had gotten a head start, maybe the kids would be been in their grasp.

"H..Hey Donnlley" Price smiled, nervous sweat rolling down his cheek to the concrete floor. "How was cla-"

"Come with me" she interrupted through gritted teeth. She didn't hide her anger in anymore, both facially and the tone of her voice told him she was ticked. The two walked out of the large room, into a somewhat smaller room down the hall. Once they both were inside, William hestaintly shut the door.

He then just watched has Donnlley paced, her eyes closed has she pinched the bridge of her nose."Price" he heard a whisper. The sound of his name being whispered with such anger gave scared chills to go up his spine. Donnlley had to be honest. This wasn't all Price's fault. She shoukdnt have called him while knowing one if the children of amazing hearing, but it was his fault for not being there on time. If he was there on time she wouldn't had to call. "Why weren't you at the school on time?"

"I believe I told you" Price nervously rubbed his left arm. "Traffic is...terrible, and I cannot exactly fly over the cars." Donnlley continued to pace, rubbing her face. She had to get those.kids if it was the last thing she'd do, but it feels as if Price is slowing her down. She glanced over at her friend.

Maybe she could do this alone, but how would she tell price. She was a grown woman, she needs to be a mature adult, and just tell him that she's gonna do this alone, given he is very bad at this job."Price?" She stopped her pacing. She turned around to face the man, her guilt only increasing. She had hired this man to get her out of jail and to find those kids, but in just a few weeks, he's being fired. Maybe she's doing him a favor. With how he's not the best at this job, he could put himself in massive danger and get injuries in someway. "We need to talk."

Donnelley explained how she was happy to work with Price. Saying it was the great few weeks of her life. She tried to stall but Price could see what she was doing. "Janet?" He rose a brow in confusion."What's going on? Why are you stalling? And why do you seem guilty?" He asks to many questions.

"What? I'm not stalling..." Donnelley looked at her soon-to-be ex.partner, knowing he wasn't buying. "Okay, you got me. I'm stalling. Look, it was nice to work with you and all, but I think I can do the rest of this by myself." Price felt his heart break. She was...firing him? William didn't know how to respond. He didn't wanna sound angry or upset, but those were the emotions he was feeling.

"O...Kay..." he said, sounding numb. "May I ask why?"

"Just...I don't think this job is right for you" she explained."You haven't done anything right, and have been slowing me down. And with how you're not the best at this job, I highly imagine you getting injuries severely on this job, so I'm letting you go. I'm sorry." The first genuine apology Janet Donnelley has ever made.

Price didn't wanna show any emotions. He'd rather be seen has emotionless at the moment then full of emotions. Anger consumed his body, and he didn't have control of what he said next. He knew it wasn't a good idea. He knew it, but the anger made him say it. If he had calmed down before speaking, he wouldn't of said the specific thing.

"You wanna fire me!?" He yelled at the woman, seeming in disbelief. "What if I go to the police and tell them where you are?" You are so stupid, Price!

Donnelley forgot about that. She can fire the man, but can't let him roam free. Especially since he knows to much. She shot a scary look at the man, making him feel as if he was becoming small. "You're gonna regret saying that."

_____
A/N:
Hello!
So this was short...and not the best. I'm sorry for the awful writing and the fact that it's been a few week since my last chapter. Lots of stuff has been happening, and I also get distracted easily And I'm sure you all know, I'm pretty harsh on myself when it comes to writing, so I have deleted ALOT of stuff before coming to a conclusion that This is as a good as it'll get for now. I'm for happy that this fic will be over so I can publish and work on a few stories of mine that I've been wanting to publish but couldn't cause didn't wanna overload myself and also cause of how harsh I can be. We are our own worse critics...which is very true to me.

Questions!:
1.When Donnelley showed up, Price was nervous. If you were Price, would you be nervous?
2. Do you think Donnelley made the right decision?
3. What will Donnelley do to Price?
4. What do you think will happen next?

Hope you enjoyed this!
Bye!<3