|18|

The realization had hit Banner right in the face. Stark's memory weren't all the way back. This was why the man wasn't mad. All his memories he lost that day didn't come back to him, at least not yet. Banner tried to make it seem as of he wasn't nervous, cause he'd have to have a reason to be nervous(which he does, but no one knows), and Stark would probably ask why he seemed all nervous.

Stark didn't notice the small signs of nervousness Banner was showing, but Pepper did. Without Stark noticing, she followed Bruce into a room, presumably the Avengers guest room. When walking in, she sees the man pacing back and forth, mumbling to himself. He didn't even notice Pepper until she gently shut the door. "Pepper" the man rose his head, a nervous smile appearing upon his face.

Potts had been around every member of the Avengers long enough to know when they are nervous or hiding something. "Hey Bruce" Potts giggled before crossing her arms over her chest. Bruce awkwardly waved, not knowing what else to do or say, but Pepper did. "What are you hiding?" She asked, her voice sounding serious and demanding. Banner was about to pretend to be confused and offended, but knew he knew he wasn't the best actor.

"I gave Tony his memories back" Bruce confessed."And I thought the machine would give all his memories back immdiantly, but turns out...I was wrong. He only remember certain things, and he regains memory everytime someone or something reminds him of a memory, which means-"

"He'll figure out" Potts sighed, starting to feel nervousness herself. She didn't help them with Stark's memory loss, but just the fact that Stark knee she knew would make him mad. "Ugh. Bruce what were you thinking?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know" Banner shrugged. "I just know the machine didn't do Its full job." The two tried to think of possible solutions, but nothing came to mind. Despite not wanting to, they were just gonna have to wait til the memories came to him, and allow hi not be mad. Besides, he kinda had a right to know.

_______

Night came shortly in New York. Everyone was sleeping except those who had to go to their work at night. Everyone in the tower was peacefully asleep, except Stark, which wasn't unusual. The man brewed himself a cup of coffee when the home phone ringer echoed. Tony raised his brow has he glanced at the time on the wall. It was there something in the morning. Who could be calling at this time of night?

Reluctantly, the man grabbed the phone from the wall, before accepting the call. He put the phone to his ear, already hearing heavy breathing. That's a bad sign right there. "Hello?" The person sounded worried over the other line, their voice familiar. "Mister Stark?" Then it hit him. It was that MJ character, that friend of Peter.

"Yes, that's me, is this MJ?" Stark asked, his voice close to a whisper, not wanting to wake up anyone. He heard has the nine year old girl breathed heavily still. Why was she sounding so worried? "MJ?"

"Yes, this is her" My responded after a few moments. "M-mister Stark, is there a possibility you could come and pick me up and find a safe place for me to stay?" Stark repositioned himself by leaning against the counter, arm crossed over his chest.

"Okay" Stark replied. "May I ask Why?"

"Um, I'm...i'm kinda home alone" MJ spoke. "My parents are no where to be seen, and no one has seen them left the building." This alarmed Tony has he glanced over at the car keys a few inches away. He walked over and grabbed them. He couldn't ask Happy to drive him at this late of hour.

"Sure, where do you live?" He asked, raising a brow.

Has the girl told him where she lived and the room she was in, Peter peaked his head around the corner. He wasn't able to go back asleep once again, instead he decided to eavesdrop. Mrs and mr Jones would just leave their only nine year old alone at night, would they? That's ridiculous! Of course they wouldn't. It wasn't safe to stay home, alone, especially if you were like MJ, Peter, and Ned.