twenty six

(Read Chapter. 25 before this. PLEASE. Wattpad has been a shitty hoe for not sending you notifications and I've lost like 20+ readers so even if you think you read it, CHECK AGAIN)

—— So after breaking your heart after that unfair rejection to the sweetest confession ever, here comes your terrible asswipe of an authornim to make you want to break my kneecaps even more lmao ——

—— ps: there are some bits of the old Instagram format in this chapter so look forward to it, loves! ——

~

Yoongi POV

"W-what?"

The words had barely left my mouth before I rushed to stop him from leaving. I blocked the door with my body, breathing heavily through my tears as I looked at him.

He was expressionless.

His eyes betrayed only pity for me, probably thinking how much like a fool I looked. His mouth was set in a firm line, jaw hardened and I felt like curling into a ball and crying my eyes out even more.

"Hyung, please move."

I winced at the coldness of his tone, and I couldn't help but wonder what I had done wrong. Wasn't this the same Taehyung who confessed his undying love for me just a few hours ago? 

Was I mistaken?

No, it couldn't be. Everyone knew it. He'd loved me for so long.

Could it be that he fell out of love with me?

No. Fuck, please don't be that.

"Taehyung, why are you doing this?" I whispered, begging him for something, anything that could reassure me that he still loved me, even just a little bit.

"Hyung, just let me go." he said, "I need to go home."

"You can't just leave like that after all that's happened, Taehyung," I spoke, some anger seeping through my sadness. How dare he just leave without even telling me what was wrong? "After years of wanting me to love you back, and after finally getting it, you're going to dump me just like that?"

"Hyung, stop."

"Taehyung, answer me." I growled, gripping the cuff of his jacket tightly, "I need an explanation for this."

"I just need a fucking break!" he yelled, "I need some space from you."

My heart shattered in my chest like it had been hit repeatedly with a pickaxe. What was he saying? Surely, he couldn't mean it. What had gone wrong?

"W-what?" I stuttered, fresh tears pooling as I looked at him. "You can't say that. I'm fucking so in love with you that it hurts to even look at you, and now you're leaving?"

"I need some space from you," he repeated, and I felt like a parrot saying the same words would sound exactly like him. "I need a break."

"Why?" I cried, unable to hold in the sobs that held my entire body in a shaking fit. "Why are you doing this to me?"

He stood tall, eyes blazing and I felt like crying even harder.

"You wanna know why, hyung?"

"I cheated tonight," he said, loud enough for me to hear clearly. "I cheated on my girlfriend with you. And I never in my life thought that I would cheat on anyone. I'm not that kind of person, and I fucking cheated."

"Taehyung, that possibly can't be the reason why you're leaving like this." I winced at the continuous repetition of the word.

"I realized a whole lot of things about myself tonight, hyung." he continued as if he hadn't heard what I said at all. "I realized that I was as much of an asshole as you were to me, maybe even worse. I realized that was not the innocent, loving person that I thought I was. I cheated on her, my best friend, and neglected her enough to turn her against me. If Tzuyu, the most amazing, angelic person who would be the last person to cheat, ends up cheating on me too, and fell for someone else and kissed someone else, I know I fucked up"