thirty one

[Before the Bangtan Sonyeondan Post on IG]

[Morning - Taehyung and Yoongi are in a cab, on their way to Hannam the Hill to meet the rest of the gang at the Bangtan Dorms.]

-

Yoongi POV

"When are we posting a statement, love?" I turned to face Taehyung who looked grim. He tried to smile for me but his eyes gave him away. He was thinking of the night before, and what happened with him and Jongin before he could reach me.

"We'll do it once we get to the dorms, Hyung." he grinned weakly, gripping my hand tightly for reassurance. I nodded, not pressing it further. I didn't want to freak him out by how angry I could get.

The night before, when he told me about what happened with Jongin, I was livid. My heart broke at how someone could attempt to hurt the most angelic boy alive and still live without a single regret. Taehyung probably thought I would blow up but the last thing he needed was me to shout and scream, even if it wasn't aimed at him.

Trust me, if I had my way I would have rearranged the filthy fucker's intestines with a knife up his ass. I could only see red, disgusted, and angered by his mere existence. Taehyung was traumatized, and even though I would have preferred to beat up Kai immediately, my first pick would always be to comfort Taehyung.

He needed me. He needed me to hold him through the night and tell him that it was all going to be okay. I was ready to be his security blanket, and just knowing that he chose me to give him warmth and comfort was enough for me to rein in my anger and cool down.

I had pretended to be sleepy, just to lure him into joining me on the couch for the night. He had fallen asleep almost immediately, his arms wrapped tightly around me and legs tangled together with mine under the quilt. What he didn't know was that I had spent the entire night awake, just looking at his beautiful form in the faint moonlight. The smile never left my face as I traced all the lines of his face, vowing to myself to be everything he needed.

I was never letting this boy go.

And now, sitting in a cab, watching his brows furrow in worry at how he was going to deal with the situation, I felt a surge of anger rise in me.

How dare he look like he did something wrong while the fucker who hurt him was probably still prancing around the streets, guilt-free.

"Taehyung, you know we have to go to the police, right?"

His eyes were wide, frightened almost and I didn't stop myself from holding him close, pulling him to myself as he relaxed in my arms. He didn't say anything for a while, breathing heavily while refusing to meet my glance.

"I know.."

"What about Jin?" I asked, wincing. "Jin Hyung is your brother, we have to tell him."

"He's going to kill me-" Taehyung mumbled, voice shaky. "He warned me against him, Hyung. He always kept telling me to get you back and to get over myself because he knew you were hurting worse than I was. I ignored his advice because it stung and I didn't want to accept it."

"And now, he's going to kill me, Hyung I can't tell him!" he whimpered, and I could only shake my head at how wrong he was.

"Taehyung, Jin is your brother." he raised his head to look at me apprehensively, "Do you think he's going to blame you when he's going to want to murder the bastard who did this to you?"

"We don't blame you one bit, love." I assured him, "Remember that we love you, and we'll only do what's best for you, okay? Don't worry about Jin, I can handle him alright if he blows up."