twenty-one

Taehyung POV

"Taehyungie, does it fit you well?" Jin turned to me, his white jacket halfway up his broad shoulders. I nodded, putting on my much debated upon, controversial as fuck fedora. Tzuyu who accompanied us to the dressing room thought it looked awful, chuckling as she shook her head at the stylist noona. I thought it looked dashing, and even Yoongi hyung approved. After I snapped him a quick selca of me getting ready for the comeback stage, he had put two thumbs ups with a "Looking cuter than ever, TaeTae."

It was finalised. I was wearing the damn fedora. 

Why did his opinion suddenly matter? I don't know, and deep down I didn't like that his opinion was my priority. A very pretty looking Jimin shook me from my thought, asking me for some help to tie the sash of his flowy blue outfit. Even Jungkookie had a similar outfit, just that it was a creamy off-white in colour.

"Holy fuck. You look really good."

Tzuyu was gaping at us, and we laughed. Comebacks were usually the times where we actually payed attention to our skin care and makeup and hair. We had all dyed our hair in various shades of browns and blacks. Our outfits were very fitting, and we had all been working out too.

"Tell me something I don't know." Jin flipped back his longish black hair, smirking. My girlfriend just sighed, "I was talking about Tae, but maybe you guys can be rated passable too, I guess."

"Passable, my ass." he scowled, turning to mirror for the millionth time to fix a single unruly strand of hair, that he knew would be disobedient yet again during our performance.

"Jin hyung?" Jungkook grinned cockily, and we knew he had some snarky comment up his sleeve. "Did you know who were voted as Asia's Hottest Woman for this year? And the Asian Sexiest Man Alive 2020? "

Jin growled at that, rudely flipping him the finger before storming out of the room amidst amused chuckles rising from the staff and the stylist noonas. We were grinning too; Jin didn't like it one bit when Tzu and I had taken the most coveted spots for all the Asian celebrities.

In all honesty, we knew that Jin hyung was the handsomest of all of us. He was initially just a model before JYP pd-nim discovered he could sing. It's just that he didn't put his good looks to a much sexier use. He preferred to flaunt it in a more subtle way.

While I let my tongue go wild on stage, biting my lips and tongue often during body rolls and hip thrusts just for a sexier effect; Jin hyung was more conservative and less assertive onstage than irl. I think we all knew that if he unleashed the beast, and became a little wilder, my coveted spot would be all his for eternity. 

Tzuyu's win was no surprise. That had been her spot for almost two years running. She was the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen, and she deserves that spot.

A sudden ping from my phone startled me out of my thoughts, and I checked my messages to find just one, sent by Yoongi hyung.

yoongi hyung: Wait till you see my outfit, TaeTae ;)

I gulped, what was he trying to do to me. I needed to put thoughts of him off my mind and focus on the performance. We were due to perform in ten minutes and the thought that Yoongi hyung was here, just a minute's distance from me was so, so distracting.

How am I even gonna say anything to him? What do I say when I meet him?

"Don't overthink it Tae." Tzu cupped my cheeks in her tiny hands, making me grin and kiss her. "Is it the performance or is it because of BTS?"

"Both." 

"You're gonna be okay." she grinned, "You're gonna do amazing today. Win for me okay?"