The Destruction of the Blackbourne Family

Sang woke up with a smile in her face, feeling sore from several rounds of love making with Sean and Owen the night before. Every day was like this after three years of, sometimes painful, growing together as a true family. Her and her nine boys, the Blackbourne Family, best team of dogs and ghost bird in the Academy! They'd just finished working the Ashley Waters case and just needed to find Volto to wrap both assignments up before moving forward. The boys had been a little on edge for the last few days as they were closing in on Volto but Sang was confident they'd have him or her within the week.

Sang reached her hand out in search of one or more of her lovers but the bed was cold meaning they both must have been up for a while. Sang stretched before rolling out of bed and padding across the bedroom to the en-suite bathroom to shower and prepare for the day. A quick glance at her mobile showed the time to be seven fifteen am. She had an hour and a quarter until she was due for work at the hospital. She'd begun training as a nurse before secretly switching to training to become a doctor with Dr. Roberts' collusion. Sang grinned imagining Sean's reaction. She was excited at the prospect of surprising Dr. Sean when his Pookie graduated a doctor at nineteen. Just like he had. She washed her hair in the shampoo and conditioner that her Meanie, Gabriel made for her, which smelled of strawberries and lime. She shrugged off a strange sensation of dizziness, grabbing the shower rail. Christ! She was starving after her energetic behaviour of the night before. Finishing up her shower, Sang dressed herself in her pink scrubs that Kota had given her just last week as an anniversary present before skipping downstairs to the kitchen in search of breakfast.

The house was oddly quiet as Sang put on a pot of coffee before swinging around to pull the cereal out of the centre kitchen island cabinet. Her gaze landed on a short note from her boys in the middle of the wooden counter top. She picked up the note to read what they were up to today while reaching for a coffee mug and bowl. As the words on the paper began to penetrate, Sang's movements froze;

Dear Ms Sorensen,

These last three years have been the best of our lives, being a family together and falling in love with you. Unfortunately we have all come to realise that as much as we love you, we don't want to share a wife together. We want our own wives and children in the future. Now as a team, we have been called into an assignment that will take us away for a long indefinite time. I'm so very sorry that we couldn't have this conversion face to face. We just couldn't say this to you in person. Knowing we cannot move forward together, now is the kindest time to end our relationship. Please don't look for us, make a wonderful future for yourself and know you will always be in our hearts.

Love,

Mr. Blackbourne

Sang slowly sank to the floor. She'd been abandoned again. Just like her dad.... She wasn't good enough, loved enough.... She didn't deserve to be happy.... She was a slut for being with nine men... Her brain went into a downward spiral as her eyes glazed over and pain spiked it's way through her heart... She was hyper ventilating, she couldn't breathe... No. She was stronger than this. This made no sense. They'd been together and happy just last night, dancing and laughing together! Sang pulled herself off the floor, grabbing her keys and ran to her car. Erica and Jessica. They'd know where Kota and the boys were. They were her family too! They would help her find the boys and set them straight.

Sang tried to stay calm, her heart beating so fast from the combination of emotions battering her as she drove to Kota's mother and sister's home. Pulling in the driveway, she hopped down from her SUV as the door to the house burst open and Erica stormed out, her face full of tears waving a letter aggressively at Sang,

'Is this what you wanted?!' She screamed in Sang's stunned face, 'My son is gone! I don't know when or if I'll see him again and it's your fault! Why wouldn't the boys want a wife of their own, why would nine boys want to share one girl? It isn't normal or healthy! Get back in your vehicle and never, ever come back here again! Neither Jessica nor I want you here to remind us of what we've lost! Now. Leave!' Erica spun on her heel and slammed the door shut as she disappeared back into the house. Leaving an openly sobbing Sang on the pathway.