New Assignments & Plants

Luke Taylor...

A/N...

I've put out two posts today, so if you haven't read it yet, go back and read the first post, Unlikely Partners, first... 💋

***********************************************

Sang and Axel called a family meeting as soon as they returned from the February BoD meeting with the Academy on the 28th February,

'Aside from Volto, which we will continue to work with the MC, we have been given our first assignment as the Ghost team,' the team focused their attention on Sang as she explained the intel and purpose of the assignment,

'Our role is to ensure the uncovered assassination threat against the governor does not happen. However, we are not to be seen and will have no direct contact with the governor or his family as obvious protection detail. The family will, however, be aware of our aliases - a family who run a charitable foundation offering recovery and respite to disabled children and their families via the horse ranch here on the vinery, which we will open for business in a month's time. The reason they will be aware of us, is one of their children is disabled and will attend our ranch as a therapy treatment,' Axel began allocating responsibilities to the Ghost team,

'Iris, you and Corey will take the governor's family and immediate contacts details given by the BoD to monitor all comms to and from the family. You will also be given access to the evidence of the threats to assassinate in case you can decipher something more than the government agencies could from the physical and digital evidence. Skug will be joining us today as a liaison...'

The Toma men gave Sang and Iris furtive glances, noticing that they'd stiffened at the mention of their MC 'brother'. Neither responded so Axel pushed the matter,

'Will that be a problem, ladies?' Sang and Iris had a silent conversation before answering,

'We will let you know after we've spoken to him today,' Axel rubbed the back of his neck to hide his anxiety. He hoped Skug was planning on making some kind of amends to the twins regarding his role in tampering with the Blackbourne video when he arrived or he was likely to find his only positive link to the project would be Corey. He hoped that didn't happen as he'd have to step in as team lead to ensure best results occurred.

He really did not want to find himself on the twins' shit list. He and the boys had started discussing and planning a surprise for the twins on their 20th birthday in October that could be ruined if this assignment created a rift amongst them...

Axel ran through the rest of the team's roles noticing that Sang and Iris, while engaged in the external conversation, had also continued their private discussion. Thinking about it, Sang had been unusually quiet on the plane journey from South Carolina to Sacramento.

Perhaps there was something more than Skugga causing the intense conversation between the twins... He could think of nothing else that happened in the board meeting... It must be the meeting she had afterward with Jessica Lee.

Hmmm... what were his birds up to now...

************************************************

Splitting himself between South Carolina and California had proven far more difficult than Phil had imagined. He'd needed someone to intern with his secretary so that she could be freed up to run his South Carolina patients and manage his Academy commitments.

His secretary had handled the recruitment process and had offered the role to a recently early graduated senior from high school who was able to commit until September when she would be headed to university. He would be meeting her this morning when he wrapped things up before returning to the Sacramento office.