Change Management - Forming, Storming and Norming

This is Brandon and Corey.....

************************************************

Iris was very happy with how things had turned out with her quest to find her sister. She'd always known she was adopted but not that she had a twin. After her mother's funeral, her parents' lawyer had given her a letter and explained that her mother had written her a number of letters to be given to her at specific milestones in her life.

The first letter had explained that when Iris was born, it had been her biological mother's demand that Iris was to be adopted by Alena and her husband. Alena was the person her mother trusted the most and the MC could keep her child safe from her biological father. Which was her first objective.

Alena then wrote that Iris had a twin. This had stunned and frankly hurt Iris as she'd always felt an emptiness she could not explain or justify and the fact that her mother had kept the knowledge from her had angered Iris for a while.

Their birth mother was forced to let her other child, Sang be taken by their biological father as their birth father's wife was determined to take advantage of the opportunity to have an infant as she claimed she and her husband could not have children of their own. Alena wrote that it had grieved their natural mother to be forced to let Sang go with their father but she'd had no choice being both under age and knowing she would not survive the twins' birth to be their primary carer.

Alena's last wish had been that when Iris was old enough, she try to find her twin sister and so she disclosed Iris and Sang's father's surname as Sorensen.

Iris's dad, Bjorne Makinen had claimed innocence in knowing about her being a twin as well as the specifics of Iris' adoption. He said he'd followed his wife's lead and was asked for his consent to adopt but was told nothing more. Yeah. Iris did not buy that for a second.

Dad had assisted and supported her as she trained in the skills she'd need to locate her missing twin. But he hadn't allowed anyone else in the club to assist her. This led to Iris and her father having several rousing arguments over those years about why he wouldn't allow Iris to use the many resources at his disposal to expedite her investigation. He'd only cryptically told her that was how it had to be.

Being Scandinavian, and speaking Swedish as a first language, Bjorne often came across as different and eccentric but still Iris was certain her dad knew far more than he let on but either wouldn't or couldn't tell her what she wanted to know. No one forced Bjorne to disclose something he wasn't ready or prepared to disclose. Not even his only child.

Then there was the fact that Alena had been murdered by someone hiding behind the name of Volto. Both Iris and her dad had been searching for the person responsible for Alena's murder together. It had been a shock to the both of them when the two separate investigations had merged at the same location in South Carolina.

Iris' brain reflected on the past while she was in the process of running an assault course as part of her boot camp training. She'd been running the course for about an hour already and while she was sweating and exerting herself physically, she found it a simple enough exercise and was easily able to allow her thoughts to run free while her body went through the motions. She'd had much harder courses to get through while training with her dad.

How much of a coincidence could it be that Volto targeted both Iris' mom and was stalking her twin sister? Iris snorted to herself as she slid through the mud under barbed wire, she did not believe in coincidence. Neither did Bjorne. She'd spoken to him at length every day since she'd left to meet her sister face to face and in order to continue unraveling Volto's intentions, they both thought joining forces with the Academy was the logical next step to finally get to the bottom of her mom's murder. And take Volto out. Because there was only one fate for the person who murdered Alena Makinen. Iris and her dad were in perfect agreement on that!