WNTTL 1

Walking to this hallway at this new school sounds exciting at first but in reality it just sucks especially if you're the new transfer student from a small country town in Texas.

It felt really uncomfortable walking towards the principals office with those haunting stares they're giving me. It really is a pain being the new girl at some big city school here in California.

Living here in California has been a dream for me since coming from a small town where I've grown up my whole life and honestly since arriving here with my Dad a week ago I've missed my country town where my friends and some of my family are.

Dad got a big job opportunity applying at some company here in LA which surprisingly he got immediately, don't get me wrong but dad is a college graduate and smart but you know coming from a small country town and getting the job in the City of Angels is doubtfully surprising even for my dad. No offence dad.

I stop at the grand looking door in front of me at the last corridor. I knocked a few times before hearing a soft 'come in' from inside which I reciprocated immediately by turning the knob, opening the left double doors open only revealing woman in a black fitting suit.

She was leaning at her big swivel seat facing me already with a sadistic grin on her face which gives shiver down my spine. I cleared my throat after a while of staring at each other which just made her grin wider.

"My my where are my manners? Come sit down Lorelei", she said creepily sweet pointing at the white sofa in front of her desk. I nod my head walking towards the sofa already sweating cold at the low temperature in this room. Is it me or this feels like our refrigerator in home.

" You're early than expected dear ",she commented still grinning at me which I forced a smile towards her. She's kinda bit creepy for a beautiful woman. She's a bit young to be the chairman though but guess what I'm in the big city so it's very different from our small town.

She had long brown hair that stops at her waist and intimidating hazel eyes that pierce through me as she observed me shamelessly. My grandma always reminded me not to be intimated by big city people and avoid showing your weakness. Don't let them used it against you cause big city means many bad people lurking. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't let your guard down and many more.

I stared back at her with all intensity I could ever give just not to show weakness. I don't want them to think country people are weak and naive just because we can only offer small roads and just small houses and barns full of cows,pigs,chickens, etc opposite of the big city could offer. And I don't want the same faith happens to me like it did to...her. I don't want to be the naive country girl.

She surprises me when she break our staring contest first before breaking into chuckles. I looked at her confused. What was hilarious?Was staring back at her a bad move? Oh god I hope not. I stared at my lap trying to breathe calmly and hiding my embarrassment.

" You're just very intriguing Lorelei. By the way I already got your schedule for you. You're welcome",she said before handing me my schedule. I looked at it already memorising my now new schedule. History, Physics, English Literature, Math , Lunch, PE, Calculus, Biology. And that's that.

"Thank you erm...-", I looked at the name written at her expensive looking desk. Ms. Addison Prescott.

" -Ms. Prescott. I would be going now. Excuse me",I hastily excused myself still feeling her eyes on my back.

"I'll see you again soon dear",the last thing I heard from her before locking the door shut behind me before escaping a long sigh.

I walked my way through the empty corridors looking at my schedule. I just missed my first class and I got some time now to catch to my second class Phy-