WNTTL 10

Its been two days since Lauren offered her friendship and like I guess she's a great friend. We became friends easily. And we got the same last class Biology.

"Hey Lori what do you think of the people here?", she asked one time on our way to our next class.

I looked at her first before looking back in front of me.

" Why'd you ask?",I asked her now curious of her asking such things. She smiled at me disbelief before shaking her head.

"Don't answer my question with a question Lori", she pinpoint and I giggle.

" Hey I'm just curious of you asking such things ",I said back as we enter the room. We greeted back the Hello's and hi's from people inside as we sat beside each other on the front corner of the room.

" Just answer me Lori",she asked again playfully but I sensed seriousness lace in her voice. I sighed and think for a bit.

What do you think of the people here? What I think...

"I think they're all friendly and kind", I answer her truthfully with a smile thinking about the great people I've meet here so far. They've been all nice to me than I expected on my first day here and I'm thankful to have them.

Her expression change into an emotionless one, her crystal blue eyes unreadable as her lips formed into a straight line. Did I said wrong? Did I offend her or something?

" I see",she hummed before smiling at me and looking at the front. Her smile was forced.

I mentally debated if I should ask or say something but decided not to since Mr. Collins arrived and walked into the room.

"The human genome code can be very useful kids since it can clearly tell the future of a said human. You might be a doctor, engineer, politician"

"How about a royalty sir, Mandy here wants to be princess", a girl with long blonde hair which I remembered one of Taylor's cheermate shouted from the back then pointed at the petite short blonde girl beside her who wears a black rimmed glass. She was blushing from embarrassment as the whole class snickered and mockingly laugh at her.

I furrowed my brows at the sight and almost lash out my thought. I calmed myself a bit as the laughter died down. Why would she embarrassed someone. I thought she was cool and I thought wrong.

" Mandy you can either be a princess in another dimension",Mr. Collins added, a hidden mocked on his voice as the class started to cracked a laugh again. The girl just tried to hid her embarrassment by her short blonde hair almost about to cry.

I heard Lauren beside me twitched which made me look at her surprised but it must've been my imagination as she was busy writing notes on her notepad. Must I have been heard wrong.

She looked at me confusingly then cracked into a small smile going back to her note like nothing just happened.

The discussion continued as I observed Lauren on my peripheral vision and confirmed my assumption. Her grip on her pen tightened for a bit before looking back at the back where the two blonde sat beside each other, the petite one bowing her head down still embarrassed while the other one ignoring the other girl like she doesn't exist.

Lauren's cold crystal blue eyes lingered there for a few seconds before going back into her notes silently.

I acted to focused on the discussion when I felt her turned to me and she stares for me a bit before writing again. This confuses me.

"I'll give you a project so pair off", Mr. Collins asked as the students scattered around to find their pair on the said project.

"Present the Human Genome Code on your own creative idea", he announced while shutting off the monitor on the desk.