Chapter 8 (Masqueraded Blood)

I open my eyes slowly. I was in a bed, in a different room then the one that I had been in since I arrived. I was alone and it was rather cold. I rolled out of the bed and walked over to the window. It was a full moon.

Two days ago Akuhei had transformed me into a vampire in order to save my life. Now I was supposed to live with him and marry him when the time comes. I breath a large exhale and look out the window.

"ARF!!! ARRRUUUU!!!"

I jump at the sudden howl and look down off the balcony and see Minowa. Minowa is a huge white demon hound sent to Akuhei by a dear friend. Though he has more favor for me then Akuhei himself, he actually listens to me more then Akuhei.

Minowa stares up at me and I could tell that just by the look in his eyes that he was happy about something. I smile down at him,"I'll be down in a second."

I walked to my closet and realize that there was a letter an the side table next to the french doors. I picked it up. It was a letter from Akuhei and it read,

*Dear Miyu,

I have gone out and will be back hopefully soon. do not put something on that is rather hard to get off because my parents and I have decided to hold a masquerade. I will come back with our out fits and explain everything to you later.

Akuhei*

I took into consideration, what he had written, and put on a simple dress that didn't require a corset. I used to never wear corsets but now a days I've grown to be quite fond of them. They make me seem even skinnier than I actually am, but anyway.

I rush down the stairs and out into the rose garden where Minowa was waiting for me. He ran up and his massive tongue licked my entire face.

"Ewww! Nasty Minowa." I yell at him and run away. He chases me around though letting my get away.

After what seemed like a awhile of playing around. Minowa collapses to the ground in exhaustion and I fall on his side. His fur is so soft. I buried my face in his side as he curls up around me like I was his property.

"You didn't get too dirty now did you?"

I jumped at the sudden comment and look up to see Akuhei standing close by and smiling at me. I don't know what came over me but I bolt up and nearly run over to Akuhei. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him till he hugged me back.

He set me down and said," Come with me and I'll show you the outfits I got for the Masquerade that will be happening here in a little while."

He took my hand and led me inside and upstairs to the current room that I was staying in. He opened the door and walked in with me. There was a Red and black dress with a black tux on the bed. I walk over to the bed and look at the dress. I was beautifully made and matched perfectly with the black tux next to it.

Akuhei began mumbling to himself, " I hope it fits. It should, all you measurements from before were right on dot, but I noticed a difference in you so I took new measurements. It turns out the your bust has increased, so I had a dress made that would fit perfectly. "

It sounded like he was trying to compliment me. I realized that he must have took my body measurements when I wasn't paying attention. wait he took my exact body measurements. I could feel my face go red, and my ears burn up like a furnace.

he chuckles and places a hand on my head," don't worry I didn't do anything bad to you." He said but then mumbled under his breath (so that I couldn't hear though he failed), "Though I wanted to."

'Umm. let me go get dressed then." I said fast and walked to the bathroom. I slipped out of the first dress and put everything else on. The black and red dress was more beautiful on me then when it was lying on the bed. It was long and dragged a little on the ground. It had a puffed out waist like most of the dresses that I was given. with a satin red ribbon tied around the center it contrasted with the black dress that had red lacing on the back. The dress had no sleeves, though still had a Victorian type turtle neck. Between my collar bone and my chest was a diamond shaped hole in the dress that was purposely there to make everything even more embarrassing. I decided to do my hair to take my mind off of that particular spot. My long silver hair was perfect to work with. I braided it into a loose braid and worked small roses into it.