Chapter 96.

*I apologize for the delay my lovelies! I can't believe this story has reached nearly 260k reads!! I'm so so happy you all are loving this story as it wraps up. I wrote and rewrote this final chapter, and I wanted to take my time and be sure I was finishing this last chapter with all of the time and care it deserved. These characters have been through Hell and back and I wanted to be sure their story ended beautifully. I hope you all love it and thank you for being so wonderful and loving these characters as much as I do! :) Enjoy and don't forget to let me know your thoughts and vote if you loved it!!

Ana's POV

I walked into our room, leaning against the mantle of the fireplace as heat from the flames swarmed around me.

I followed slowly behind Zane and my breath hitched as he stood leaning against the fireplace in our room, as if he was molded from the same hard curves of marble. I could feel the heat swirling around him as I came nearer. He turned and held his hand out for me to take. I came to him, taking his hand as his piercing icy blue gaze stared down at me, glowing brighter with the flames.

The sight of him caused my breath to catch and I tried to slow my breathing as my lips parted just slightly. He laced his fingers in mine and pulled me closer, his arm snaking around my waist. I pressed my body against his, melding our forms together as if one began where the other ended. Zane leaned down and placed a deep kiss against my lips and I couldn't help but sigh into the kiss. I could feel his own contentment matching mine in this moment. I felt peace.

He pulled away and tucked a loose wave behind my ear and stroked his fingers lightly against my jaw. "Ana, when you were gifted to me, I had no idea the path it would lead us down, and the trials and struggles we would endure along the way. Your power over my very soul is never ending and I belong completely to you; mind, body, and spirit. I will spend my long eternity making sure you know that you'll never have to suffer again, but I'm so thankful that you were chosen by fate so long ago to become mine, just as I too would become yours."

I leaned back to take in his full expression and smiled softly up at him. "Without our rocky journey, I may have never found my true power. Because of all I've been through, I know my fullest strength, and we were able to find our way back to each other. Now I have you to share it with and to love and be loved in return. But above all else, you gave me Amirah." My expression softened as I spoke of our daughter and I felt warmth radiate between us.

"You and Amirah are my entire world. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost either of you." He whispered and I could feel the love and feeling of protection pouring into the bond.

He leaned down and scooped his arm beneath my legs. I let out a quiet squeal of surprise as he slowly lowered us down to the plush fur rug now warmly lit by the blazing fire. He settled me into his lap, pulling me closer against his chest as his fingers pushed into my hair and guided my gaze away from the roaring flames and back to him. His stare was so intense it sent a shiver through my body. It was as if his soul was staring back at mine in the stillness.

As if the air around us electrified in that moment, he pulled my lips to his, slowly devouring them and my mouth opened without hesitation. His tongue dove between my parted lips to tangle with my own and I could feel the heat within both of us rising faster than the flames. His hand tangled into my hair as his thumb stroked roughly against my skin, pulling me closer to him than I thought possible with a gentle yet firm hold. I spun my body around full to face him, his free hand instinctively guiding me as my legs wrapped around him and my arms reached around his neck.