Midnight cuddles (remile)

(Remy's POV)

Darkness.

All I see is darkness.....

Suddenly, Emile is in front of me, holding a light. Then he kisses me quickly. I go to hold his wast and find nothing. The light is gone....

And so is Emile...

No no no. Please I hate the dark!

"Emile! Please come back!"

I feel the darkness shift and I hear Emile. No. That's not Em, he would never laugh at me. The eerie laughter moves to my left. Then the room is full of light. Emile is on my right, laughing at me. 

No! It's not Emile. My Emile doesn't have blank, emotionless eyes. 

This Emile disappears then reappears in front of me. I try to stumble away from the not-Emile, but I trip and end up in my butt. Not-Emile stands above me and laughs. 

"How could I ever like someone as pathetic and weak as you."

"N-no!" I yell with tears streaming down my face. "You're not real!"

The imposter laughed. "You can keep telling yourself lies, but you know, deep down, that I'm only dating you because I pitted you."

————

I wake up drenched in sweat and shoot up in bed. I touch my face and find it wet with tears.

I slowly slip out of bed, walk quietly to the outdoor balcony. Opening the doors a blast of cold air  hits my bare chest. I stare at the stars for who knows long. I don't even process the sound of footsteps as someone walks up behind me. 

Suddenly arms rap around me mid section. At first I was scared, but then I remembered who it was. I feel Emile shift onto his tippy toes and press a soft kiss on my cheek before resting his head on my shoulder.

I slowly sink into his embrace, leaning back into him. 

"Bad dream?"

"Yes..." I say cautiously. I know with he's doing so I instantly put up walls and tense up. He's using his fancy therapist skills on me.

He giggled, some how knowing what I was thinking. He always seems to understand what I thinking even if I don't know myself. 

He felt me tense up so he lifts his head the kiss, suck and nibble on my neck. I let my head fall back as I close my eyes and let him do what he pleases. 

After a little, he stops and whispers in my ear, "You don't have to hide with me... Just let me take care of you...."

I feel his arms let go of me. I got scared but open my eyes to see Emile in front of me. 

And Oh my Starbucks he looks beautiful.

He's wearing my Starbucks sweater and since I purposely ordered it big, it's massive on him and goes down to his knees. It also gave him very long sweater paws and from the looks of it the only other thing he was wearing was a pair of boxers. The moon lit up the back of his head a made it look like he had a halo around his messy bed head. 

He took my hands in his and look deep in my eyes and say,

"I love you," My eyes went wide. "and you don't have to say it back, but I mean it.... Now would you like to talk about the dream, I might be able to help."

I was going to say no, but I didn't. It was always implied that they loved each other, but they never said it. Until now of course.

"I-l.... I love you too."

Emile's eyes light up and he jumps into my arms as he yells, "Babe!"

I rap my arms around him as he nuzzles into my neck. Soon he backs away. 

"I'mma grab some blankets! I'll be back."

"Mmk."

——— 

(Emile's POV)

After we made a nest of blankets and pillows on the balcony, Remy tells me his dream. I comforted him as both his boyfriend and a therapist. 

Tears were spilled, hugs were given and kisses softly pressed. 

We're currently huddled together on the balcony under several blankets. My back was up against     Remy's chest with his arms rapped around me. We talk in hush tones and just enjoy each others presence. I feel myself slipping into sleep, but I'm determined to not leave Remy alone.

 I'm thinking about how to get him to sleep when I hear his breathing slow down and I look up to see Remy finally asleep. 

I smile and let myself drift to sleep.....

—————

(Remy's POV)

I open my eyes and see my trick had worked. I knew Emile wouldn't fall asleep until I did and I probably won't get any more sleep tonight. So I pretended to sleep so he would get some rest.

I look down at the precious cinnamon roll and start to study his face. I slowly rub his hand.... 

———

(No ones POV)

Remy slowly falls into a nightmare free sleep. 

===================================

Thank you for reading! If you liked it please vote! It really makes my day and encourages me to write!

Q: what's your favorite dad joke?

Mine is: 

"Have you heard about the restaurant on the moon?

Great food but there's no atmosphere!"

4/4/20

(Word count 875)