In The Gardens (Prinxiety)

I hope you enjoy! Please remember to vote if ya do!

!TW! Panic attack

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Human AU

(Roman's POV)

I'm so bored!! You would think that as a prince I would have more to do! Patton is off flirting with the head of the guard, Logan, I think. So that means I'm friendless for the day.  And there's no way I'm hanging out with my brother and his boyf riend!

I let out a deep sigh as I wander the halls.  After awhile of aimlessly wandering, I come across the huge glass doors that lead to the indoor gardens. 

Oh what the heck! I haven't been there in a while anyways...

I open the big ass doors and walk into the beautiful lush garden. I look around in awe. I really should come here more often....

I start to explore the colorful garden, amazed by the deep colors of the flowers and plants. After sometime, I see a lovely willow tree with leafs touching the ground, making a curtain around the trunk. 

My eyes light up with excitement. It looks like something straight out of a fairytale! 

I quickly rush to the willow, eager to explore the magical world under the leafs. I carefully lift the branches and step inside. 

"Who are you?"  

"Eek! Sweet mother of willows!!" I yell as I realize I'm not alone. I hear someone laughing so I turn to look at them.

"Haha! You should of- oh shit-" Color drains from their already pale face as they drop into a deep bow. "I- I'm so s-sorry prince Roman! I didn't- I swear-"

"It's fine. I probably looked ridiculous..." I say rubbing the back of my neck, embarrassed.

"N-no! Not at a-all, My prince!" They quickly stutter out, obviously trying to appease me.

"Please, call me Roman. I have to hear 'My prince' all day anyway." I respond, hoping to calm the anxious human. "What your name? I don't think I've seen you around the palace before..."

"O-oh umm... I'm n-new. Virgil. That's um that's my n-name." They says tugging on his black-with-purple-patches cape. "I'm a n-new gardener... Oh! He/Him pronouns."

I nod. In the Sander kingdom, it was a custom introduce yourself with your pronouns. I glance around and remember the reason I met the (honestly cute) nervous man. It's a little dark but this willow could easily become a safe place for me.   

"Isn't this tree magical? I mean, just imagine putting pillows and blankets there! Oh and fairy lights in the branches! It would be absolutely gorgeous!" I gush.

"Oh... Yeah I guess.." He sounds... sad? Disappointed?

"What's wrong?"

"I- It's nothing... It doesn't matter.."

"Yes it does. I promise I won't make fun of you."

"It's just- This is my... place to go when- Never mind it doesn't matter... I- you're the prince I can't tell you what to do."

"No no no! If this is you're spot I would hate to take it!"

He seems takin back by my kindness. 

"I-"

"I'll just be on my way. Honestly it's fine!" I start to walk away.

"Wait! I... w-wouldn't mind you c-coming by from t-time to time...."