Complex Orders (Remile)

I guess this is a "Coffee Shop AU?" Idk. Sorry if you're tired of that, but tbh it's a story with Remy in it. It was bound to happen.... So... I hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

(Emile's POV)

"....I think that's everything!" Roman said with a smile. "You'll be working the counter. We're a small business so we only get a few new people. Most of the customers are regulars and they're pretty nice. They won't give you trouble but if you ever need help, call Patton or me and we'll sort it out. Got it?"

"Yes thank you!" I replied. 

I was searching for a job when across Crowns n' Kittens, a small corner cafe runned by two best friends. It was Patton and Roman's dream to own a cafe together, so they bought an old corner store and the floors above it.  

After they redecorated it, they opened an adorable cafe with homemade sweets and drinks of all different flavors. It was one of those places that was so amazing yet barely anyone knew about it. Roman and Patton didn't care thought. 

It was their cafe.

As long as it made people happy, they were perfectly fine with the small group of normals. They earned enough money to survive and have wiggle room. When more people found the cafe they decided to hire someone to help out. 

That's where I come in! I'm in school to, hopefully, become a family therapist. I needed a job to pay rent and found Crowns n' Kittens Cafe. Patton and Roman offered me a job and a floor above the cafe. I immediately clicked with them so agree to work and live there.          

And that brings us to now. My first day working in the tiny cafe. The regulars are super sweet and patiently wait for me to to type in their orders. Patton comes downstairs at mid day so I can have a lunch break.

"I made some apple juice for you! It in the fridge with sandwich and some fruit!"

"Oh Patton you didn't have to do that! I was just gonna get some McDonald's."

"Nonsense! No kiddo of mine is paying for food when there's free food in the fridge!"

I laugh at him calling me "kiddo" when he's only five years older.

While I eat lunch, I admire the cafe's walls while listing to the Steven Universe playlist. Apparently Patton and Roman painted it themselves. The base color is light pastel blue with beautiful gold swirls painted over the blue. Hanging on the walls are unframed pictures of the two and some things from Roman's acting career. It was a perfect blend of their two personalities.

As chaotic as it sounds, it came together to make a homely place that brought smiles to faces. Especially when you mix in Patton's homemade sweets, Roman's original drinks and some fairy lights.

My train thought is interrupted when my timer goes off telling me it's time to get back to work. I pick up my lunch and throw away the trash.

"Ok Patton! I'm ready to take over."

"Hold on let me get the next customer. He usually comes in around now."

I till my head to the side in confusion, but before I could ask him what he means the cafe's bell rings. My head looks at the door to see a man in ripped skinny jeans, black leather jacket and a shirt that says "my blood type is coffee." As he walks to the counter, I notice he does bother to take off his shades.

"Ah Remy! Good to see you kiddo!" Patton says to the man once he's at the counter. Oh! Must be a regular. 

"Sup babes. You ready for this?" The man, Remy says. Patton giggles.