Chapter 4

I wake up to the sensation as if someone is staring into my soul. My eyes flutter open and I'm met with the sight of wide brown eyes staring at me. Wait, I don't have anyone in my house. I sit up, the blankets around my body pooling at my waist as I peer at Oli. If he's here, does that mean I didn't leave last night?

"You're awake Tori!" he exclaims in excitement as he climbs up the bed to sit in front of me.

"Good morning, Oli, how are you feeling?" I ask as I place my hand against his forehead.

"I'm feeling better Tori," he tells me with a smile. He doesn't look as flushed compared to yesterday and his forehead isn't that warm either. I brush his curly hair giving him a smile of my own.

"That's good to hear," I tell him as my hand drops and I take in my surroundings. I see that I'm in Jason's room, on his bed. How the hell did I get here?

"I can see the thoughts running through your head," a male voice says at the doorway. I turn to see Jason leaning against the door watching Oli and me, his arms crossed and although he's wearing a muscle tee, the tattoos on his arms are striking, his muscles bulging. My eyes snap away from his arms and back to his face.

"What am I doing here? I was supposed to leave hours ago," I tell him.

"You were sleeping so deeply I decided to not wake you and took over watching Oli," he says walking into the room, sitting down on the other side of the bed. "Besides you don't have school today right?" That's right, elementary schools and middle schools are off from school today, they have a long weekend.

"I should get going then, I've overstayed my welcome," I say moving to get off the bed. Oli jumps up in front of me blocking my way.

"Wait, do you have to leave right now Tori?" he questions. I look at Jason, and he looks at me before looking back at Oli, leaving the decision to me. I weigh the options of me staying here. Pro, Oli is still not feeling well so I could stay to continue taking care of him. Con, his flirtatious uncle is here, his sexy uncle is here.

"If you don't mind, I'll stay," I tell him with a smile and his face lights up with excitement.

"Oli, I have your breakfast downstairs, Victoria and I will come down in a bit," Jason tells him. Oli scampers out of the room and his footsteps echoing down the stairs. The room falls silent with just the two of us left. "I've never seen Oli like that before," he says, turning to face me properly.

"I'm surprised he got attached real quick, he's adorable," I say with a soft smile.

"I did tell him yesterday that he could trust you," he smirks.

"Jason, how can you trust me, I don't understand. I was a convict in the past, even if it was for a short while. Would you really want someone like me around your nephew?" I ask him skeptically. He doesn't say anything except stand up and walk around the bed to where I'm sitting.

"I know, I read everything when I checked on you after what happened at the bar and guess what?" he says leaning closer, a dangerous smirk on his face. "What happened to you in the past stays in the past. I don't know the major details but I know enough. What I've read about you is that you do three jobs even though two are part-time. Not to mention you looked sexy in your coat yesterday." I feel my breath hitch from the close proximity, his eyes darkening as he observes my reaction.

"What are you doing? I whisper, my eyes searching his.

"Nothing," he replies as he moves back from me. "I'm going to go down to check on Oli but you can stay here or join us if you want," he says standing up, his muscles flexing.

"I'll be down in a bit," I tell him. He nods his head before he walks out, his footsteps fading away. I fall back on the bed my hands going onto my face. That just happened. This man is dangerous for my heart because it feels like it's going to jump out of my chest. I close my eyes taking a deep breath before deciding I might as well go join them now. I find my clothes folded on top of his clothing drawer and I quickly undress and change into them leaving Jason's clothes folded on his bed.