Chapter 32

I feel pain coursing through me as my eyes flutter open, my body stretched out on something firm. It takes a couple of seconds for me to realize that I'm still in the car but Eiichi and his bodyguards are nowhere in sight. I slowly push myself up, a dizzy spell washes over me for a moment as I move to sit upright, the sweater on my body slipping onto the floor. The time on the dashboard shows it's nine in the morning which means I was knocked out for a good twelve hours.

I'm lost in my train of thoughts when the door to my left jerks open, a man in a suit and glasses stares down at me and that's when everything flashes back. The drive back from Charlotte's house, finding Eiichi waiting for us, and Oli, fuck, I had to leave him behind, the car ride and finally them knocking me out.

"Good, you're awake. The boss is waiting for you," the man -the one called Daisuke- says before grabbing onto my arm and pulling me out of the car. All at once, my feet give out as the world sways, whatever drug they gave me still in my system.

"Fuck, no need to pull me like a ragdoll, it's not like I'm going anywhere," I mutter as I straighten, the grip on my arm still tight. A cold breeze passes over me and that's when I remember I'm still only in my cutup sweater, denim, and seem to be standing in the middle of the forest. "Where are we?" I question, as I quickly slip on the sweater they left me, the only things in my line of sight are dark tinted cars and trees, lots of trees.

"We're at the outskirts of Quebec," he answers as he starts to lead us away from the cars. Quebec? Why did he bring us all the way here? I stay silent as I'm dragged through the forestry, the only sounds that can be heard are the crunch of snow beneath our feet. We walk for another ten minutes before stopping in front of a small cabin, two men standing in front of it nod their heads at us as we step inside.

"Eiichi is in here?" I question, the heat of the cabin warming up my cold body. He doesn't answer as he leads us to the back of the cabin and I see a section of the floor lifted revealing a secret set of underground stairs. I look at Daisuke warily for a moment as he lets go of my arm, pulls out a flashlight from his pocket and hands it to me before pressing a hand on my back for me to go down the stairs. I've already been kidnapped, what's the worst that can happen now?

I take my time going down, the steps creaking under my weight until I'm back on the ground. Once again he grabs my arms taking the flashlight from my hand and pulls me along with him, the only light in the passage coming from the flashlight. We spend a couple more minutes of walking before I hear the sound of a door being pushed open.

The bright florescent lights blind me for a moment as my eyes adjust to the scene in front of me. It takes everything in me for my jaw not to drop in shock. I don't know how many there are, I can't even count but there are so many different cars down here, most of them look to be old-fashioned but still in good condition and I don't miss that some of them have bulletholes riddled through the windshield.

"Boss, she's awake," Daisuke calls out to a group of men standing not too far away from us.

"My sleeping princess has finally awakened?" Eiichi questions as he turns around, a gun pointed at my chest with him smiling coldly. I freeze, eyeing the gun in his hands as I take a step back but he breaks the facade, laughing loudly as he lowers it. "Come now, you didn't think I'd kill you right now did you?"

"I wouldn't put it past you," I mutter as my heart rate starts to slow down.

"I still have my use for you, can't let you go yet, my dear. Daisuke let go of her, she has no way of leaving and I know she's smart enough not to try anything," he orders and my arm is released, I rub it trying to move the circulation again. I'll have a bruise from how tight he was holding me. "Come walk with me."