Chapter 8

"Victoria? Victoria?" I'm broken out of my thoughts when I hear Charlotte calling my name.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I ask, turning to look at her.

"I can't believe what happened to you, I heard from Jax when he got back from his shift," Charlotte tells me. It's Sunday evening, and I've spent the weekend at Jason's, only going home yesterday to grab some clothes to last me until Monday. We both decided it was best we told Oli that I'd be around more often and I have to say it was pretty comical.

Flashback

"You know, I think we should tell Oli," I say to Jason as I look at the kid sitting on the carpet watching cartoons.

"Tell him what exactly?" Jason questions, adjusting his arm around my shoulder.

"I don't know, maybe that I might be here more often than normal? He's going to wonder why his school nurse is coming to his house all the time," I say exasperated.

"She comes because she can't get away from his sexy uncle," he says with a devilish smirk before leaning down to peck my lips. 

"Good job at inflating your own ego," I say rolling my eyes, "But still, I think we should say something at least."

"Alright, fine, Oli, come sit with us for a second," Jason tells him as an advertisement plays on the screen. He stands up and sits on the other side of Jason, and I move so I'm facing the both of them. "Oli, do you like Tori?"

"I like Tori, I like her a lot," he says in pure excitement.

"Tori is going to be here a lot, is that okay?" Jason asks him.

"She can come and play every day," he replies. "Tori, do you want to stay with us?" I freeze for a moment in surprise, clearly not expecting him to ask.

"You'll have to ask your uncle that," I chuckle looking over at Jason. 

"Tori still has her own home Oli but she'll come here as many times as she wants," he tells him.

"Yay!" Oli shouts as he comes to where I'm sitting and gives me a hug before going back to his cartoon show.

"Who knew my nephew would one-up me?" Jason says shaking his head in laughter. I look at him, my eyebrows raised and he laughs again as he pulls me into his side, kissing my temple. "One day, in the future, if we're still here like this, I could see myself asking," he murmurs. I keep quiet, my head on his chest, my hand on his heart. If we're still here like this Jason and you asked, I'd probably say yes.

End of flashback

Now, I'm here at Charlotte's home. She messaged me earlier in the afternoon asking if Oli and I wanted to come over with the intent to interrogate me on what's happening with Jason, considering he's being tight-lipped with her.

"I know, it was crazy. I wasn't expecting him to act like that, to say the least, I was surprised. I had to listen to him bitch about how I was being a whore because I decided to get to know someone," I sigh. "And now the police don't know where the hell he is." I got a call from Jax yesterday evening and he told me that they were looking for Cruz but it's as if he disappeared, went off the grid with no way to track him.

"Jax and Jason will find him, don't worry about it," she says with a reassuring smile. "But I am curious to know, what's happening with you and Jason? Oli told me some things but when I asked Jason, he told me in a nice way to fuck off."

"We're taking things slow, I don't want to jump headfirst into a relationship," I tell her as I frown unconsciously. Been there, done that.

"There's something else though. Your face gives it away that something else is bothering you," she says as she turns her attention to her kids. "Do you want to hold one of them?"