Chapter 35

"You're looking so much better now, more healthy," Charlotte tells me as she sits beside me on the porch facing the backyard.

"I'm starting to feel better," I chuckle as we watch her kids plus Oli play soccer, or more like Oli and Wren are rolling the ball towards the twins. It's been three days since I was released from the hospital, my body is still in recovery not to mention I need to pick up on my eating since I lost so much while I was in a coma. Yesterday they started questioning Cora and surprisingly she complied with the police. I think she realized that she went too far with attempted murder and her life was over, the rest of it will be spent in jail.

"And you were questioned the day before your release right?" she asks as she holds out her hands for one of the twins.

"Yeah since they already charged them and started a trial last month and their number one witness happened to be asleep," I chuckle.

《 Flashback

"Our key witness is finally awake," Nash announces as he walks inside my hospital room.

"Your such a work-a-holic Nash. The first thing you ask someone who wakes up from a coma is how they are doing?" I hear an exasperated Natalia say behind him. "Victoria how are you?" she asks stepping around him.

"I'm doing good Natalia, slowly getting there," I chuckle.

"I'm so happy to hear that," she says as she stops beside my bed.

"I was going to ask her how she was after, you just interrupted," Nash says rolling his eyes.

"Uh-huh, sure you did," she replies rolling her eyes back at him.

"Stop fucking around you two, you have work to do," Jason orders from the foot of the bed.

"You got it chief," Nash replies as he pulls out a tape recorder from his pocket. "Since you're still healing, the next trial you don't need to be present but I think for future ones they'll probably tell you to come."

"Got it, let's get to it," I tell him. "But hold on, wasn't your hair red the last time I saw you? Or is my brain playing tricks on me?"

"It's not playing tricks. It was red at that time because I was doing some undercover work while working on your case," he explains. "I changed it back three weeks ago, the amount of comments got that red looks good with dark skin was endless."

"Please, you didn't even lift a finger. Who's the one who spent her day off doing that for you? It sure as hell wasn't you," Natalia sasses.

"Fine, fine, I'll get you dinner sometime soon but for now let's focus on this," he negotiates. Natalia grins, a victory for her and I hold back my laughter from their antics. "Okay, the time is eleven-thirty in the morning and I am Officer Nash Hendrix and alongside me is Officer Natalia Sanchez. We are here to question Victoria Marshall about the events on March thirteenth. Please state your name and everything you can remember."

"My name is Victoria Marshall. On the thirteenth of March, I was driving to Jason's house with Oli, we were at a friends house, Charlotte Dawson," I start off. "We had to police officers tailing us since they were assigned as bodyguards and when we reached the house there was nothing that raised my suspicion that something was out of the ordinary." 

"The two of us entered the house and I turn on the entry lights while I asked Oli to turn on the lights in the living room and kitchen, we were planning to watch a documentary. I asked him if he turned the television on yet but he said he was waiting for me. I thought it was strange since he doesn't like to wait for things."