Chapter 32

School was a a bit of mess. Katsu and I arrivied, hand in hand, catching a lot of stares from fellow students. One, because everyone at school had never seen me in the outfit I was wearing. Since Jungkook had always been on the same campus, I never wore things like this. Lilia, Kent, and Mahyun all saw us, and quickly picked up that something was different. So we explained to them, other than Kent, who already knew, that Katsu and I were officially dating.

For real this time.

Fast forward through a boring school day. It was finally the last few minutes of History, my final class of the day. I sat near the window of the classroom, so my gaze shifted from the movie we were supposed to be taking notes on, to outside. The trees in the schools courtyard had leaves falling. Colors of gold, red, orange, and brown, littering the green grass.

The sun was beaming down onto the golden trees, sending a warm glow through the autum weather. I smiled at the reminder of Halloween approaching in a few weeks. I don't usually celebrate it, since no one can exactly come to the mansion to trick or treat. But, we do host a large school dance and students hold parties.

RING RING

The bell snapped me out of my gaze. I started to pack up my things, before walking over to Katsu's desk.

"Hi Eun," He smiled sweetly at me, standing up and quickly towering over me due to his height.

I smiled in response, taking his hold of his hand and bidding a goodbye to our teacher. Then, we both walked out to classroom. The two of were chatting, on our way to our lockers, where the other three said they would wait for us.

"EUN!!!!" Lilia's voice yelled as we approched them.

"Yes?" I giggled giving her a hug.

"We have not taken a single photo today! Anddddddd...." Lilia looked over at her boyfriend who rolled his eyes, giving me a pointed look.

"Your brothers called me after class," He said, "Something about, you ignoring their texts and calls,"

I face palmed and pulled out my phone, after grabbing my things from my locker. I opened the device and groaned at the missed calls and texts.

"I swear, I can't do anything without them nagging at me!" I grumbled.

"Let's take that picture," Mahyun chuckled.

The five of us took some photos at our lockers and some videos of us just laughing. We were there for about five minutes before a girl ran up to us.

"Hey, you guys are student council, right?" She asked a bit pale.

"Yeah, whats wrong?" Katsu asked.

"There's been an accident right outside the school gates!"

My joy left my body and I went into head student mode. I ran. The others chased after me, knowing our duties. We burst into the courtyard, students moving out of our way.

"EVERYONE!" Kent yelled, his deep voice getting some attention from students, as we ran forward, "Stay calm and contact your parents or drivers about the situation!"

The five of us hurried to the front to check on students. I peered down the sidewalk seeing students with hands covering their mouths. I stepped on to the sidewalk look towards the crash. There was police and an ambulance already there. The car was flipped onto its side. The crash was horrible.

"E-Eun..." Katsu suddenly stuttered out and the four of us glanced at him, "Eun, what car do you get picked up in?"

"Red McLaren. My parents are supposed to-" I froze.

"No.." I whispered looking back at the car, "No, No No!"

My voice had gotten louder and now, a lot of the students were staring at me. My body was stiff and pale. I stepped forward to look at the car's symbol.

McLaren. And it was red.

"FUCK!" I cursed and ran forward.

"EUN!!!" I heard my friends yell.

I ran forward passing the adults that looked startled. I ran to the stretcher that had a covered body underneath. Gently, I grabbed the edges of the sheet and lifted it. The cover dropped from my hands.

My mother. She was under that sheet.

"No.." I shook my head, "NO NO! WAKE UP!!!"

Arms grabbed my shoulder and I was shaking and screaming. My parents were in that car. My mother were dead.

"Miss- Oh my god," The doctor walked over to me, covering the body quickly, "Miss Choi,"

"Who else died?! MY father?!" I asked her in panic.

She looked upset and nodded, "I am so sorry...no one survived the crash,"

I finally felt everything around my shatter. My parents were gone. My brothers were on the other side of the world. I was alone. All alone.

The doctor looked to the side before gently speaking, "Miss, the reporters are here...You and your friends ought to stay out of their sight. It'll be easier,"

I nodded and let my friends drag me away. Katsu kissed my forehead, while Lilia pulled me to lean into her as we walked back into the courtyard. Students stepped out of our way.

"Cmon, all of you. Let's grab a ride in my car," Mahyun told us, guiding us to a black Tesla. The five of us squished in, Mahyun in the front seat. The driver, had obviously realized the situation because he asked no questions and drove.

"Sir, can you take us to the Choi mansion?" Katsu asked and the driver nodded.

"I'm calling my parents to tell them to watch the news," Kent said, pulling out his phone. Katsu and Mahyun did the same. Lilia was stroking the back of my head and looked at her boyfriend, "Ken, tell my parents too,"

Our ride was silent. Soon we arrivied at the first gates at the bottom of the hill. The guards stopped the car, before rolling down the windows and spotting me, "Miss? You were supposed to arrive with-"

"I know," I whispered with a nod, "Please just let us through,"