Six

Andy's pov

Two days later

-

Things between Ricky and I have been awkward. He won't look me in the eye. We only have five hundred left, and we decided that we'll live in a town in Pennsylvania called Scranton.

"Andy, can we talk?" Ricky asked, sitting on my bed next to me.

"Sure" I said.

"How come we haven't been talking?" He asked.

"Because ever since the thing happened, you haven't been looking me in the eye" I admitted.

"Andy, it's impossible to look at somebody the same when they've been lying ever since you met them, I mean I understand why you had to lie but I thought friends were supposed to tell each other everything" he told me.

"You're the only person I've told, Richard! I never even told my closest friends!" I snapped.

"You still could have told me, Andy! You can trust me not to tell anybody!" He said, raising his voice slightly.

"You think it's that simple, Ricky? Try being raised as a girl and try to keep it a secret that you're actually a male from your friends" I said.

"Okay, I get it, I'm sorry, I should have respected your choice to lie to me" he said with sarcasm.

"Don't be any less sarcastic, Richard" I replied, rolling my eyes.

"I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't know what you're talking about" he shrugged.

"Yeah, you were. Don't even try to deny it." I said. He just stared at me, I think he was trying to figure out a come back. I might be mad at him but he's still good looking.

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, his voice laced with venom.

"Because I can and- and-" I said. How do I tell him that he's cute when he's mad? I don't, he's already pissed at me, I don't want to piss him off more.

"And what, Andy? Spit it out" he spat.

"Because I can and because you're cute as hell" I blurted out. He stared at me intensely. It wasn't a loving stare, it was a cold, angry glare. Like he was staring at me as if I was some sort of cancer that was killing his family members.

"Just go, Andy, don't come back" he said. I nodded, tears in my eyes, I walked out the door into the cold Scranton air.

I just lost my only friend...