Chapter 21

Under a sky full of stars

***

I woke up next morning by being in my bedroom. It was as if anything from last night happened. My phone was charged on the besides table next to me. In the Terrarium was placed two Familiars now : Raven, and the seal larva that probably hatched by now. I wiped my forehead before standing up. I looked at my injury on the leg, that was still behind bandages. This might still take some time before it completly heals... will have to ask Jack to redo bandages, I thought while advancing to the Terrarium. Raven got out of it first. Then came, sliming its way up the wall of the tank, a tiny seal cub. It then came out, landing on the window's edge.  It's body was entierly pearly white. Not a single drop of red nor black could be seen on it's body. It then tittled it's head and blinked at me with those big brown eyes... looked like the seal larva just hatched for real now ! And it was so cute ! Awwww !

''H-Hey there, little guy...'' I reached my arms to it. It gladly jumped into then and there I was now, hugging the little guy. He felt so soft in touch... it almost felt as if I was hugging a plush. We cuddled against each other for a moment, before I heard my phone ringing. I unplugged it from it's charger before I picked it up and answered it, still having the seal cub in hands.

''Good morning, Frostbite here ! Everything's okay so far ?''

''Oh, hey there. I'm still having some difficulties with my leg, but it's going so good so far. Also, the larva has hatched. A very beautiful cub, indeed. Thanks for letting me the opportunity to keep this little fella with me.''

''It's no problem ! What should be the name ?''

''Mh...'' the seal and I looked at each other. I thought for a moment before saying : ''How about Gronderson ?''

"Gronderson it is ! I bet he likes it."

"You bet he does," I giggled while Gronderson was licking my cheek happily.

"Now then, you will have to see Grignr some time soon. While defeating the assassin, I took a map in hands and lent it to him. He's now waiting for you at the Guild."

"I'll be there for him ASAP. Let him know."

"Gotcha. See you around !"

"Bye."

We greeted each other off before I hung up the call. I asked for Gronderson to stay here while I climbed down the stairs, grunting at each step I took with my injuried leg. Once I arrived downstairs, Jack gave up all the cooking he was burning to come help me with the walking.

"O-Oh, Soso ! You could have warned me you were waking up ! I could have spared you a step or two..."

"That's fine by me. Asides, I would like to ask you a few things."

"Sure ! Let me just finish with these toasts and I'll be up to you !"

He placed me on a chair so I could sit down. Once he brought me breakfast, I asked him about his passing ritual.

''Oh yeah, the thing with body painting ? I've got one too ! ... eh, you can check on it if you want, I still have some marks on my back... lift my shirt, perhaps ? Remember my arms are still a bit fragile-'' I did so, and saw some red and white marks on his back, forming some arabesques on his skin. ''We used to call me Okami there ! That would be before...'' my eyes widen slightly before I decide to lower his shirt.

''Did you get to hit anything, back then ?''

''Not a single thing. That was still fresh and new. My totem is the wolf ! We knew me for my solidarity, my open heart and my bravery.''