Chapter 22

Before we start this chapter, I would like to thank kw1206 who contribuated to the construction of this chapter. Or at least, part of it.
Now, without any further ado, I let you enjoy this chapter.

Thank you.

***

Next morning, I woke up, dazed. Butterflies were flying in my stomach.
Welp... today is the day, Soso. Can't deny it any longer, I thought to myself, before standing out of bed. I looked at my right, but saw that my backbag was nowhere to be seen. Goddamnit, this is not the time to lose it !

I stood up abruptly and hurried downstairs. In the dinning room, I saw Jack closing my bag. He then turned his head around with a concernned look. 

''Ah, Soso... you there,'' he started, ''I guess you were looking for this ?''

''Eh... quite, yeah. Guess today's the day.''

''D-Do you really have to...?''

''Jack, if I could refuse this quest, I definetly would. There is no returning back now. I'm ready to face him. I kinda have to, if I want to save the world, actually.''

''F-Fine. I guess you're right...'' he looked at me while I was packing my bag on my shoulders. ''I prepared you some additional food supplies, along with your clothes and others that you've prepared. Back pocket.''

''Right, thank you. But before I go for real... I would like to say my last goodbyes to everyone. I promise I'll come back to you when I'll be done. Actually... I can start with this,'' once he was done nodding, I approached him then wrapped my arms around him.  

''P-Promise me... you won't loose, eh ?'' he asked while slowly envelopping me with his arms too. 

''I won't. Or at least... I hope I won't,''  I ruffled his hair slowly. ''Now then... I should hurry up, before my time comes.''

''Y-You're right. See you soon, Soso,'' he planted a kiss on my forehead before I brought Raven and Gronderson with me, now heading outside. 

I first went to the Market Square, entering the Skeleton Store I haven't entered long ago. In here, I recognized the tropical attire of Lemon that was going to attack me, but I rose my hand with the ring to him.

''Stop right there, buddy ! It's me, Sonja ! Don't you remember me ?''

''... Oooh, Sonja, darling ! Welcome back !'' he greeted me with a hug. ''What can I help you with today ?''

''I'm not here for long. I wanted to say goodbye.''

''Oh ! You're going somehwere ?''

''And I might not come back.''

''O-Oh, such a tragic fate...! I'm all peeled up about that,'' he said while pulling out a banana peel.

''Ah... I'll miss your fruit puns.''

''But seriously though, darling. Are you sure you really have to go there ?''

''I have... really important business to do here.''

''I getcha. I wish you luck with that. Oh, here. Take this, as a token of my thanks for our meeting,'' he then pulled a tiny bottle with an orange liquid in it. ''My special fruit juice. Squeezed and fresh all for you, you only, my friend.''