《Gran torino》ch.8

Izaka POV

I watched as izuku fought. Izuku kept encouraging todoroki to use his fire quirk. "IT'S YOURS! YOUR QUIRK NOT HIS!" Izuku shouted at todoroki. Todoroki stood frozen in the position until his eyes widened and flame came bursting the stadium. 'He.. used his flames...HE USED HIS FLAMES!' "GO IZUKU! GO TODOROKI!" I cheered from the bleachers. Izuku was smiling and so was I. We both knew the reason of todoroki's problem. I wanted to help him yet he never used his fire quirk with me. But izuku... izuku saved him. "YES TODOROKI! ITS YOUR QUIRK! MAKE IT YOUR OWN! NOBODY ELSE'S!" I cheered from the bleachers. "I see now midoryia... you and your sister... thank you.." todoroki spoke as he sent a blast of fire and izuku going for a one for all blast. Walls came in between them as the sent they're power out making a wave of air blow everyone away.

Silence... the smoke cleared up and the crowd road as they saw izuku out of bounds and todoroki still standing. "WOOOO! YES TODOROKI!" I shouted at todoroki. He looked up to me and I gave him a big thumbs up, then running out to go see how izuku is feeling.

I reached the recovery girls office and saw izuku all wrapped up. "Izuku!" I ran up to him and saw all might in his deflated form. "Young midoryia.. may I ask you something?" All might asked. "Yeah?" All might turned away and asked. "Why... would you make young todoroki use his flames knowing it would put you at a disadvantage?"

...

"Because..." I cut izuku off before he could finish. "He needed to be saved." I smiled to izuku. "Todoroki saw his power as a curse, not as his own quirk but his father's. The only thing one of us needed to do was for him to realize it wasn't. I mean, it didn't work for me when I tried... probably because izuku was more of a worthy opponent... but I still wanted to help him... I kept telling him that I knew his weakness.. hoping he'd find out I meant his fire quirk... but it turns out he didn't. I used the words, "you rely on your quirk to much." As in a way to help him see that he needs to use his other side. I meant he relied on his ice to much, not his fire. That's why..." I looked up to see all might with a bright shine in his eyes.

"You two.... you two are going to be great heroes..." he gave me and izuku a warm smile. All of a sudden he become all might and headed out. "Must be cool to have all might's power now a days? Huh?" I smirked towards izuku. "Yeah.. comes in handy.." he replied.

~

After a while we watched kacchan vs. Todoroki. Todoroki didn't use his left side for some reason... I'll probably go talk to him when I can... then kacchan won the festival but he didn't seem like he enjoyed it... I walked down the stadium to go find todoroki. 'Probably in that alley way.' I walked towards the alley way and saw todoroki.

"Hey todoroki!" I waved to him. He looked up at me then looked away. I stood on the opposite wall from him. "What happened?" I asked. "You... you were trying to make me use my left side... weren't you?" He looked up to me. "Mmayybe.." I smiled.

"You... never really cared on wining our battle... you wanted to help me?" I nodded in response. "Its not always in the wining, todoroki." I gave him a smile then headed to class. I grabbed my things and went home.

I felt my phone buzz while I was walking home. 'Izuku texted me?'
______________________________________

Izuku: meet me at the beach.

Me: why? Aren't you still recovering?

Izuku: its important! Just come please!

Me: alright!
_____________________________________

I wasn't far from the beach so I wouldn't take long. I arrived at the beautiful clean beach that izuku has cleaned. I walked down the stairs and saw all might near the sea. "Hey!" I waved to him and he looked at my direction. I walked up to him and looked around for izuku. "Um.. where's izuku?" I asked. "Its just you and me, izaka." He replied.