Lecture

As the animals leave , Sonic would've ran super speed if there wasn't so much animals.

Sonic- Leaving quickly. Walking out. Walking out. Step , step , step , wider...

Chuck- Hey , Sonic ! Why don't ya stick around for a minute ?

Manic- Uncle's scary. Bye !

Manic leaves his brother as Sonic approaches his close friend Knuckles.

Sonic- Well , what do you think ?

Knuckles- I think you're lucky . Most hedgehogs have four paws , but you're gonna have an extra one right up your--

Sonic- ( Turns around ) Okay , that's nice. ( Smiles ) Uncle Chuck !

Chuck kicks a stalk of hay down while he stares sternly at his eldest nephew.

Chuck- ( Firmly ) Sit.

Sonic- And , I'm sitting.

Sonic sits down before Chuck crosses his arms.

Chuck- First off , I don't want to know who was in the other end of the phone. It wasn't the chipmunks wasn't it ?

Sonic- Well , I--

Chuck- Nope ! I don't want to know. ( Curiosity takes over him and faces Sonic ) Was it the chipmunks ?

Sonic- Here's--

Chuck- No , don't . I don't want to know. Why did you do this to me ? How do you think that makes me look ?

Sonic- ( Looks down ) So , this... This is about you ?

Chuck- ( Turns around and sighs ) Where were you this morning , Sonic ?

Sonic-( Looks up ) I was just having a little fun ! I mean , you should try it ! I--it starts with a smile , then it slowly builds and...

Chuck- ( Turns around and glares ) You promised to help me brush around the fence. You know it's criminal season.

Sonic- ( Rolls his eyes ) Geez , criminals , I don't get it. They're criminals ! Each , single--Us big group ! What are they gonna do ?

Chuck- You have a lot to learn. You And Manic.

Sonic- And you know what ? I don't get the whole fence thing. Really , it can't keep them out.

Chuck- That fence defines our space. And as long as I'm still kicking , no animal.will be harmed inside this fence.

Sonic- Sonic , okay , that's what you do. You. Okay , if you're trying to groom me to be a big leader , just give it up. It's not me , Uncle. I mean , if I were in charge , things would be different. Every animal for himself. That's the way it should be.

Sonic stands up and walks to the door , but before he could walk out...

Chuck- Sonic.

Sonic turns around.

Chuck- A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others.

Sonic- ( Searches himself ) Oh , shoot. You know , I forgot my pen.

Chuck- Sonic , you're gonna have to grow up one day. You won't be happy when you spend your time goofing off.

Sonic- No ? Just watch me.

Sonic then zooms out , prompting his uncle to cross his arms and grumble in agitation. When will his eldest nephew ever grow up ?