Sonic Tricks Carl

With the help of his crew , Sonic drags Carl's unconscious form up to an apple tree.

Manic- Come on , come on. There we go.

They managed to lean his body against the tree. Sonic grabs his glasses and places them on Carl , purposely in a crooked position.

Sonic- Book.

Big Mac gives him the " Charlotte's Web" book and places it open in Carl's hands.

Sonic- ( Ponders ) Okay now. He was sitting here . He was reading. Something fell on his head. And...

Manic- I got it !

Manic plucks a ripe apple off a branch . He walks over to wear Sonic's standing and lightly throws it at Carl.

Sonic- Too light. Couldn't cause a bump like that.

Tails- ( Grabs the apple ) But it could.

Tails then harshly throws it at the old man's nose , psyching Sonic out.

Sonic- Will you cut it out ?! We need to find something bigger.

Big Mac- Uh , can I have the apple ?

Big Mac freely takes the apple. The stallion nose Sonic , Manic , and Tails staring incredulously at him.

Big Mac- What's with the look ?

Big Mac chomps on the apple as Sonic jumps high , grabs a thick branch , and tears it right off before he leans it beside Carl's right side and nods in perfection before he and his friends rush off .

After a while , Carl starts to moan groggily as he wakes up. Sonic and his friends watch from behind the tractor.

Tails- ( Quietly ) He's buying it. He's not buying it. ( Gasps ) He's buying it. Ooh ! He is not buying--

Sonic quickly covers the fox's mouth and smiles hopefully , their prank is working.

Sonic- No , he's buying it.

Carl fixes his glasses as he sits up and looks around until he spotted something. Sonic notices and looks behind him to see Carl's cane. Shocked and horrified , Sonic back to see Carl grumbling before he stands up and starts to unknowingly walk their way until Knuckles knocks him out again , agitating Sonic as he approaches him.

Sonic- ( Fed up ) Will you . Stop. Doing. THAT ?!

Knuckles- Well , unless you give him a blindfold... I'm gonna punch him !

Sonic just sighs in exhaustion.

Sonic- Okay , let's go.

After another little while , Carl wakes up at the same spot again , but with only two branches leaning over him. Carl spots hid cane next to him and takes it as he helps himself up and heads towards the barn where he only sees one chicken clucking. Carl just shakes his head and leaves to his house as Sonic , Knuckles , Manic , Tails , and Big Mac look on.

Sonic- There. See ? Good as new. This being in charge thing isn't so tough. You know what I'm talking about ? ( No one answers ) Yeah , you know what I'm talking about.

Knuckles and the crew look at each other.