Nine

Jasper's POV

I swear, I haven't been able to get a single second of sleep with this guy in here. I'm just trying to relax on our last hour of driving. The drive from Albany to Boston is only 2 and a half hours but still, I just want to either drive myself, or sleep. Yet Philip isn't letting either of those happen.

"Do you ever shut up?" I clamp my hands over my ears as he practically yells out the lyrics of an Eminem song. I unplug his aux cord.

"Hey! I was listening to that!"

"Yes yes, I'm very well aware. However," I plug my phone in and begin to play a bit of classic rock music. "Your singing is not the easiest on the ears." I smile as a Led Zeppelin song comes on. "Not to mention Eminem is completely overrated."

He looks at me like I'm crazy. I just shrug and hum along.

"You're definitely an interesting type." I chose to ignore him and close my eyes, finally able to fall asleep.

"Hey!" I slowly awake to Philip softly shaking me. "We're here."

I look around and notice the bright lights around us. "Awesome, find a deserted alley and we'll drop this scumbag off there."

Philip nods and off we go. As we pass street after street I notice all the beautiful lights and skyscrapers.

"Okay I think I found one." We back into an alleyway and I jump out.

"The trunk is unlocked right?" He nods and I go around and open it to have the guy fall right out onto his face. I laugh shortly and push him a bit farther away with my foot before closing the trunk up again.

I come around front and hop back into the passenger side. "Okay we're all set."

Philip pulls away and I look behind us to see the man slowly stirring awake. I'm surprised he stayed asleep for that entire ride. But now he's gone and something tells me no one in his contacts is going to be willing to help him.

"Since we're here already, do you want to just get a hotel room for the night?"

I look at the time, it's already 3 in the morning. "Eh, why not."

We pull up to a simple looking hotel. Philip parks and we get out, I grab my bag and follow him inside.

At the front desk there's an older woman who greets us. She's got an extremely kind looking face, wrinkles from smiling for so many years.
This was a woman who was raised in a kind household.

"Hey y'all, what can I help you two with tonight?" She smiles brightly at us and her voice has a clear southern accent. It's like music to someone's ears.

"Hi ma'am, can we get a room for two please? Two beds." I speak up and slide my card onto the counter, however before she can take it, Philip snaches it and pulls out his instead.

"I don't think so love, you paid for the snacks, now I pay for the room."

The woman's face lights up, "now what a gentleman. Young lady, always make sure this is how a man acts around you. Don't allow him to treat you any less, understand?"

I blush brightly as Philip turns to me and gives a cheeky smile as he pays. "Just until tomorrow afternoon please."

The woman nods and hands us our room key. "You'll be in room 303. Breakfast is from 6 to 10. Y'all have a good night now."

I smile and thank her as we make our way to the elevator, our room being on the third floor.

"Well she was nice."

Philip laughs, "yeah, I think she thinks we're together though."

I blush brightly. "Pft, like that'll ever happen."

We reach the elevator and the doors close.
Philip stands in front of me, pushing me into the wall. He places a hand next to my head and leans in.

"Oh? Tell me Jasper, you don't see us together?"

My breath hitches as my heart rate picks up. He's close, his foot is in-between mine, keeping my legs partially separated. I can feel his breath on my face as he leans in, teasing me. I don't say anything, my mouth just opening and closing quickly, trying to find the words to say.
My face is probably beat red by now.

"Nothing to say love?" Philip chuckles and steps back.

The elevator dings and we exit, finding our room within seconds.

"Do you wanna shower first or shall I?" He motions towards the single bathroom. I look into my bag and see that I only brought an extra t-shirt and panties. No sleeping shorts. Shit.

"Up to you, I don't mind either way." I shrug and place my stuff down on the bed farthest from the door, next to the window. I open the blinds and look out into the city. It's really pretty at night.

"Well then I suppose I'll go, you're welcome to join whenever." Philip winks at me and I'm able to keep my composure this time.

I hold my head high and roll my eyes. "In your dreams."

He shrugs and goes into the bathroom, leaving the door slightly ajar.

Something tells me this will be a long night...

~~~

Word count: 890
Publish date: 4/5/20