Thirteen

Jasper's POV

Monday morning.

Is there anyone who doesn't hate mondays? Everyone I've talked to does.

"I guess I should probably get up."

My bed is comfortable, it's drawing me back in. 5 more minutes won't hurt right?

Yeah that's what I thought, however, Toby had other ideas. Suddenly I feel an impact to my face, when I open my eyes I see Toby.

"Well good morning to you too. I guess I won't be getting 5 more minutes."

As soon as my feet hit the floor I want to just jump right back into bed. The floor is cold! However, looking at the time I don't really have time for more sleep if I want to look decent for school today. I get up finally and make my way to my bathroom, taking my brush out and taming the rats nest on top of my head.

I should straighten my hair today. After plugging my straightener in I turn to my makeup, I can either do simple eyeliner and mascara. Or, actually do eyeshadow and concealer. Looking under my eyes, my bags aren't as noticeable as usual so I guess we're doing the bare minimum.

While I'm waiting for it to heat up, I quickly do my makeup and brush my teeth. I guess today was a lucky day and I didn't have to redo my wings a million times as usual.

After spitting in the sink I section my hair and begin the annoying process of getting all my waves out. With always dying my hair and putting heat on it, I'm surprised all my hair hasn't fallen out yet, although it definitely does have heat damage.

After finishing my hair I turn my straightener off and make my way back into my room. Toby sits on my pillow and I glare at him while passing.

"You lucky bitch." He looks up at me and blinks lazily. I wish I was a cat sometimes. Always gets fed, people clean up your poop for you, no school, and you get to sleep 24/7.

My closet holds so many clothes however I can never seem to find anything I like.

After much deliberation however, I decide on a pair of ripped black jeans with patches and fishnets to go under. My top consists of a grey cropped tank top with holes cut into the shape of a skull on the back. It's simple but cute. I do a once over in the mirror and pull on my old black converse and shove my keys into my pocket. My phone and wallet go into my back pockets. I make sure my homework is in my backpack as I throw it over my shoulder after tying my hoodie around my waist.

Breakfast would have to be skipped today as I'm probably gonna be late to school. Closing my front door behind me, I say goodbye to Toby and look up to see Lily in my driveway.

"Hey bitch! Finally, get your ass in here."

I run and hop in the passenger seat. "Hey, you didn't have to come get me."

She shrugs and pulls out of the driveway, "it's no problem, you're on the way. Plus," she holds up one of those Mango Dragon Fruit drinks I got yesterday and a chocolate croissant . "I brought you breakfast."

My face immediately lights up. "Seriously? This is actually perfect."

"Well I wasn't about to get myself something and not you?" Lily looks happy just doing something for someone else.

"And what if I had already left? Or wasn't going?"

She looks offended by my question as her brows scrunch together, "you really think I was gonna let you go to school without me? Or allow you to just skip?" Her smile returns and shakes her head, "unheard of. On my watch you'll always be fed and have a ride to school."

I look away, hiding the emotion showing on my face. No one has ever really been this nice to me. Well, except for Philip. He did take me all the way to Boston.

"Thank you. I really appreciate it but you really don't have to."

Lily looks at me like I have three heads for a second before turning her attention back onto the road. "Well don't say it like I just saved your life or anything. It's not that big of a deal," she chuckles softly and continues, "really it's no trouble. I enjoy doing it."

I smile sadly, deciding not to answer her. She's too nice. I wouldn't be all too surprised if both her parents were still together, or has never been truly hurt. Or if she has I guess she just hides the pain behind a contagious smile and genuine kindness towards others. Albeit I kind of just hope it's the first option. People who hide their pain behind the smile can be the most unstable. Yet, I get so annoyed of those who are able to express their pain, they search for others to help or give pity? Maybe it's jealousy because I know I'd never be able to do any of that.

"Hey we're here."  Lily snaps me out of my consuming thoughts and I look up to meet her gaze. "What do you have first period?"

"English." I grab my bag from the back seat and open my door to get out. The bag goes over my shoulders so I can grab my drink and food.

"Oh nice, who do you have?" Lily follows me as we make our way towards the building.

I tell her and she smiles brightly.

"Oh I had her freshman year too. She's really nice, go easy on her." I nod along as she continues. "Hey well I need to get going and meet up with my math teacher, he's hot but seriously needs to chill with all the tests. I'm gonna go get some more help. I'll see ya later!"

Lily waves as she walks away. I wave back and begin to look around the courtyard.

There are kids scattered everywhere. Taking notice I see the clear cliques that are separated throughout the courtyard. Surprisingly the jocks seem to be keeping to themselves, not the stereotypical "bully all the nerds and geeks and emos". Hm alright then. Averting my gaze I see a small group of kids just sitting around in a circle, they seem to be listening to music. I kinda want to get in on their group.

As I'm looking around I notice Philip walking away from his car. I take in his appearance.

His hair is slightly messy and tousled as usual. He's wearing a plain black t-shirt with a black and white flannel. It's paired with some ripped black jeans, they kind of look like mine without the patches. He wears dirty work boots to complete the look.

God he looks good.

I can't help but stare as he walks by. His walk is one of slight lazy power. He gives off dominant vibes while looking submissive somehow. Shoulders slouched ever so slightly. With each step it's heel to toe. It seems like he walks to the beat of the music coming through his headphones.

As he passes, many people call his name and wave. Some stop him however he never gives more than a nod or couple word response.

He doesn't want to talk to any of those people.

He knows all of these people, and they know him. Yet he gives no interest.

A popular loner.

~~~

Word count: 1257
Date published: 4/20/20

Double update for y'all.
I'm thinking I'm going to go through all my old chapters and give them some updates and edit them. I'm also changing how I space things. I kind of prefer the look of this way, what do you guys think?
Let me know :) Have a good day