Fifteen

Jasper's POV

After we pull out of the parking lot, the drive is surprisingly quiet.

Told you it would be awkward. Dammit Jasper, you have only yourself to blame.

"So uh, how was your day?" Philip tries to make conversation as we have 10 minutes until we get home.

I look out the window before glancing towards him. "It was uneventful aside from the situation with that girl and the end of the day when this future frat boy came up to me to hit on me."

Philip's eyebrow raises as he keeps his eyes on the road. "Future frat boy?"

Nodding, I continue, "I don't really remember his name. Jacob? Maybe Jason? It started with a 'J'. He bumped into me as I was leaving and was talking about rumors of a "hot new chick". Then began throwing stupid pick up lines at me." I laugh awkwardly. "I can imagine a lot of other girls fall for the whole football player with an accent thing but eh. Too stereotypical for me."

"Wait, are you talking about Josh?" He finally turns to me with a single eyebrow raised. I've always found people who can do that impressive. I used to try and do it in the mirror as a kid and truthfully I still do it every once in a while now. And to no avail.

But I nod, "yeah! That's his name. Josh, blonde hair, blue eyes, accent. He was quite the charmer I suppose."

Out of the corner of my eye I see Philip's hands grip the steering wheel tighter as his knuckles turn white.

"He's a fuck boy. He's nice to his bros but treats girls like there's always another one. Don't fall for his shit and don't try to be "just his friend". If he thinks you'd be a fun challenge you'll never get rid of him until you give in or he finds something more interesting." I hear an edge in his voice as he speaks. Maybe he doesn't like Josh? Although, I think it's sweet of him for warning me, I don't really appreciate him telling me what to do. I don't take kindly to it.

"Thanks for the warning." I decide not to make any more conversation for the rest of the ride. And yet again the awkward silence and tension could be cut with a dull knife.

"So uh, this is my house. Welcome..." I pause for a second as Philip looks around, "now that you can look around without having to deal with dealing with a drunk rapist."

His laughter fills the room as he steps through the door and takes his jacket off. "Nice place.." he pauses for a moment. "Your parents don't care that a boy is coming over?"

"Oh yeah, they won't be home for another like two weeks." I look away as I say that kind of embarrassed to say as it might come off suggestive.                                

He nods and sets his jacket and bag down by the couch. "So should shoes come off?"

I laugh for a second before looking down at my shoes and kick Philip lightly. 'You think I care about shoes? Get the place as messy as you want. I'll just have my stepdad call a maid or something." My butt meets the couch as I snuggle down grabbing the tv remote and turning it on. I suppose we could've gone to my room but again, I wouldn't want that to seem suggestive.

"Well alright, I wouldn't want to offend you by taking my shoes off and you could smell my feet."

I scrunch my nose up at this and look at him. "Ew, please tell me you're joking."

Philip busts out laughing at my face, placing his hand over his stomach as though it hurt so much from laughing. "I'm totally kidding but oh my god! You should've seen your face!"

How old is he? Five? Jesus, I thought stuff like that only entertained kids. Maybe he's lying about his age and is really a toddler. "Very funny, would you like a medal for your accomplishment?" I roll my eyes and bring them back to the tv as I queue up a Rick and Morty episode.

"Aren't we supposed to be studying?" He sits down next to me, about 6 inches away. I keep my gaze focused on the tv and shrug.

"You would rather study than watch tv? I already understand everything unless you want some help." I smirk at him. I already know he's a smart person and he knows what he's doing. If anything neither of us really need to study. Yet here we are sitting on the same couch telling ourselves we only got together after school so we could "study".

Philip looks over at me and gives me a weird look. "You think I need help? What's your grade in the class, little girl?"

I blush brightly at the name and look away and shrug, my voice going small. "Uh, this is only my second official day... there's no way I have a grade yet."

"Exactly, and I have a 95. Don't start being disrespectful." His voice and face hold a playful tone, yet his body language shows that it might not be entirely playful.

I shrink into the couch and nod as I turn my head back to the tv. I ache to reach over and hold his hand or something, anything. But that would not be keeping my distance from him. My mind is clouded by the thought of him and the vague smell of his deodorant and cologne. He smells so good, I just want to push my face into his chest and take a big whiff.

Jesus Jasper, how fucking creepy can you be? You want to get closer to him just to smell him? I've seriously reached a new low. For now I'm just going to sit here and try to get through a little bit of sitting just a couple inches away from this god.

We stay sitting on my couch for 4 more episodes until I notice him look at his watch. I mentally curse myself as he might be too polite to say that he wants to go home. Shit what if he's just staying to be nice. "Um, you don't have to stay if you don't want to." I trail off and look away. I'm seriously really awkward around this guy.

"Who said I wanted to leave?" I look back up to see Philip looking at me with an amused smirk on his face. I swear, this guy and his facial expressions. I take a moment to admire his lips as they twist in that playful smirk that makes me feel some type of way. His lips aren't super plump but they aren't nonexistent. It's a happy medium. He's just so perfect.

Realizing that I've been staring for a bit I peel my eyes away from him and get up, rubbing the back of my neck. "Ah, well are you hungry?" My eyes drift towards the kitchen wondering if he would prefer me to make him something rather than just ramen or something.

"Just a little bit." I look back to see him eyeing me up and down while slightly biting his lip. Shit, don't do that to me man. I'm trying so hard to be good here.

"Well I can make you something if you would rather that over ramen..."

Before I can look back I feel a weight on my back pressing me into the island counter. Two large hands resting at my sides and traveling up and down. My breath is caught in my throat as I try to comprehend what's happening. I thought he said he wanted to put distance. This doesn't feel like distance! His hand slides to my stomach and then up between my chest to rest on my throat. He tightens his grip slightly and leans my head back onto his shoulder, so close that I can feel his breath on my ear. And then he speaks in his sexy rasp.

"I think I'd rather eat something else."

~~~

Word count: 1357
Date published: 5/4/20
Holy shit! We reached 1k reads! I know it might not be much to other people but it seriously means a lot to me. Thank you for all the votes and comments for those of you who leave them. And I'm excited for this book to only continue. Have an awesome day guys.