12

My jaw drops.

"Y/n? Are you there??"

I motion for Finn to give me a second, then i turn and walk right out the back door so i can talk to her in private.
I make sure i walk far enough in the yard to know theres no chance he could hear me, and then i finally speak

"Millie I just almost fucking kissed him" i whisper to her despite the fact that theres no way he can hear me.

"WHAT? YOU DID?"

"Ow jesus, yes! Dude oh my god this is not good"

"SADIE! ELLIE! GET IN HERE NOW!"
I hear rustling in the background and i assume its them coming into the room
"What? Whats wrong?" I hear ellies voice ask
"Y/n and Finn just almost kissed!" She squeals excitedly and i hear the other girls gasp
"No way!" Sadie says just as excitedly, and i turn to make sure Finn didnt come outside
"Yes oh my god I literally-I dont know how to feel. I couldnt control myself i was so close dude. I dont know what wouldve happened if the smoke detector didnt go off" i facepalm in embarrassment thinking back to it, even though i know they cant see me.
"Wait what? Smoke detector? What happened?"
"Its a long story which ill explain to you TONIGHT if you come home. Please come home guys im begging you, i think i mightve just messed everything up"

"Calm down babe, Im sure you didnt mess anything up. If anything he might've finally caught a fucking hint" ellie laughs and i dont know why it actually helps to hear it from her. I mean shes never steered me wrong before.

"Im so nervous guys i dont know if i can go back in there" i sigh and sit down in the grass
"Its all gonna be fine. Just take a few deep breaths and try to calm down. You got this" ellie says and for some reason i start to tear up a little, probably because of all the intense emotions ive felt today that i havent felt in a while. Its all a lot to handle.

"Are you guys sure you cant come back tonight?" I ask sadly, picking at the grass absent mindedly.
"Im sorry y/n we cant. We can talk about everything tomorrow as soon as we get back okay? We can do a spa day or something just us girls" millie says, genuinely sounding sorry
"Okay, that sounds really nice. I should probably get back inside and tell Finn whats going on" i say, standing up from the ground and dusting myself off
"God i really do not want to go back in there"

"We love you y/n. You got this. Call me before you go to bed and tell us how everything goes, okay?" Millie asks and i sigh
"Okay i will. I love you guys and i miss you already"
"We miss you too. Now go get him!"
We say our goodbyes and i take a deep breath before turning back to the house.

Its no big deal. Just act like it didnt even happen. I mean im sure he didnt think it was a big deal, so why should i? We can just act like it didnt happen and never talk about it again.

I walk back in the house, and Finn is cleaning the burnt cookies off the pan. His head shoots up when i walk in
"Everything okay?"
"Yeah um, apparently their shoot got pushed back by two hours so she just called to tell me they're gonna stay in a hotel up there so they dont have to drive back super late"
He raises his eyebrows
"Oh. Well thats fine well figure something out"
He holds up the cookie pan and laughs a little
"Though im not really sure if were qualified to be on our own"

The cookies-if i can even call them that- are completely charred black. Its kind of impressive actually.

"Wow. What did those poor cookies ever do to us?"
"I dont know but shit we really did a number on them" i laugh and walk over to help him clean up the stuff we used to bake with.
I was expecting a lot worse, and i start to calm down now that everything seems normal. Its like nothing even happened.
Even though i know damn well it did.