You are the calm in the storm

"Since I met him, he carries more pain and anger than a thousand armies could ever bear. He was betrayed, deceived, hurt. Believe me when I say he has already crossed hell. And the only time I saw peace in his eyes was when he saw you. You are the only reason he's still alive."

---

Ever since joining the Port Mafia, Chuuya has grown to learn a variety of people, some good, most bad, but he learned. His sense of judgment has grown and so has his social circle. He has been in many dangerous situations, and has learned how to overcome those situations. Chuuya has been in the Port Mafia for three years but there is still one thing that Chuuya still doesn't understand.

Dazai Osamu.

A Port Mafia executive known for his cold nature and ruthless actions. Truly, a demon prodigy raised by the boss himself, Mori. But he was still his partner. Many people feared this demon, some people cowered at the mention at his name. It always confused Chuuya though.

To him, Dazai was a boy, a boy forced in the mafia, and born to annoy him. He loathed the demon and the demon lathed him, or so it seemed. Dazai acted...unusual around Chuuya. His dark demeanor and ruthless tone seemed to fade away near the redhead. Dazai always acted childish, needy, and kind. Though his did spit taunts and insults, Dazai knew what not to mention. He knew when not to insult Chuuya, and he knew when to comfort him. 

To him, Dazai was a friends, a brother, and companion. He was a person Chuuya relied on and sought to help. He was also a person who made it a goal to annoy the red head on a daily basis Though sometimes he could stand the big bafoon, Chuuya was grateful for him. As much as he hated him, he also held a deep respect for the taller male. His decision to join the Mafia is something that has he hasn't regretted to this day.  

"Nakahara-san, You're needed in Mori-sensei's office." A young girl said. Chuuya sighed and walked into the office of the infamous Mafia leader. 

"You called, Boss?" Chuuya said placing his hat down. 

"I wanted to talk to you about something important. Involving Dazai-san." He said looking out one of the floor to ceiling windows in the office. 

Chuuya perked up at the brunette's name. "Yes?"

"What are you opinions on your partnership?" Mori asked, his face seemed far away.

Their...Partnership? The question caught him off guard. Yeah, he admitted Dazai has gotten on his nerves on many occasions, but nothing bad. He may have hated him, but he also cared about him. "Excuse me,I'm afraid I don't know what your asking me."  Chuuya said. 

"How do you feel about being partnered with Dazai? How do you feel about Dazai?"Mori elaborated. 

Chuuya Gulped. "I hold Dazai in high regards. I hate him, but he is also a respectable figure." The redhead said.

Mori Chuckled. "How do you Feel Chuuya-kun?" 

" I feel....I feel very strongly about our partnership. I've grown to deeply care for Dazai as a brother or companion. He is someone dear to me." Chuuya said, wondering if he said the right thing. "Why do you ask?" He asked the darker man.

"I've known Dazai-san for a long time. I practically raised him, but he seemed to have a feeling of tenderness when it comes to you." Mori turned to the redhead.

"I-I don't quite understand what your telling me." Chuuya said. 

"Since I met him, he seems to carry more pain and anger than a thousand armies could ever bear. He was betrayed, deceived, ...hurt. Believe me when I say he has already crossed hell." Mori paused and sighed. "And the only time I ever saw peace in his eyes was when he saw you." 

"What are you saying?" Chuuya said in somewhat disbelief and curiosity. For a moment there was complete silence.

 "You are the only reason he's still alive." Mori finally said. "You are the calm in his storm." 

Chuuya seemed to be in disbelief. "That's all Chuuya-san." He walked out the room and searched for the brunette. He walked around for about ten minutes when the taller male popped up behind him to tease him.

"Ha Ha Slug! It was so hard to find you since your so sh-" Dazai was stopped by Chuuya who whipped around and hugged him. The ginger pulled him close and tight.He rested his head on the others heart and listened.  "Chibi? Are you okay?" Dazai asked as he stroked the others hair. 

Chuuya hummed in response and smiled. "How are you?" He asked eyes closed and a soft smile on his face.

Dazai smiled and hugged him back. "I"m doing great now that your here."

---

Word Count: 804 -ish

god i hate this one 

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes that may be present. Please let me know your thoughts or opinions.