summer sadness

The room seemed so cold in the summer heat. Leaning against the walls too feel any sense of cool as sweat trickled down his face. Maybe he should spread his body out, to sit in front of the blowing air of the fan pointed away from him.

Instead, he sat in the corner, heat weighing on him as he hugged his knees. His body was much too warm, unlike his normal cold temperature, but he was much more worried for the thoughts in his own mind. How they ate at him, and baraged his thoughts. How they belittled him, as they flashed the memories.

Failures

Insults

Taunts

Mistakes

Himself.

Words piled up in his throat, words that threated to flow out and send down an avalanche, falling from the vibration of his own weak and rigid voice. He let out a shaky breath as he attempted to calm the storm in his mind.

This was nothing new, so why did it hurt so much?

"Dazai?"  A soft voice from the hall. His eyes were wide as he desperately tried to cover the mess of sobs and tears erupting from his wet face. He pulled him self closer, trying harder to just become the corner, worried at who may see him like this, at what would come next to add to the list of pitiful worries.

The shared apartment was quiet. Though the soft pads of feet told him, we wasn't alone. "Are you okay?" A soft voice reached out. A soft rapping on the door, and he stood up. After a few long strides he opened and peered down at his shorter roommate. He saw the worry and concern on his face.

"I....I'm sorry." He voice was shaky, still reereing from the sobs. "I didn't mean to worry you." He looked to the sides, avoiding contact with the ginger male.

He felt a warm palm. "Do you wanna talk about it?" The voice was calm and steady. He leaned into the palm, the warmth welcome in contrast to the rays of the summer sun.

"No" the word was faint and soft, almost a whisper. He felt warm arms wrap around him.

A small movement near his chest and then "that's ok. You hungry?" The ginger questioned, trying to lure the taller into a different room, a room with company, to wander from his self-torturing thoughts.

A sniffle was heard. "Yeah" his voice was steadier as he embraced the nice warmth of the shorter. And despite the taunting summer heat, he leaned into the warmth once again.

He pulled away, smiling "crab cakes?" he suggested the other's preferred food.

They walked into the kitchen, Chuuya dragging Dazai into it. He pulled out a couple of things, preparing something for them to eat that night. He smiled, holding a conversation with the bubbling brunette. The ginger watch as he slowly became more comfortable, opening up and making jokes, teasing the other and dropping remarks.

"I love you." Slipped from Chuuya's lips as he turned to the taller male. A small blush appeared.

A giggle and then, "I love you too slug."

---

Word Count: 524-ish

Please drop some suggestions...I may have run out of ideas.

Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.