i'll hold you

A tear ran down his cheek and he sniffed his nose. He clung to his back and tried to quietly release the sobs. Yet another day of self hate and mental abuse. He was tired of life, tired of keeping up a happy facade.He whimpered and clung to himself. He sat in the small closet surrounding himself in old boxes and a laundry basket. He just needed the support, to feel as though he might be surrounded with caring friends. Hell what was he  kidding, it has been such a long time since he could call someone a friend, let alone a friend he could rely on and cry to. He let out a shaky breath as his minded clouded. He hummed a tune which only brought more tears. 

Another quiet sob left his lips, releasing all his anger and miserable thoughts in the form of tears.  He couldn't show anger or sadness, he could express an opinion let alone an argument for that opinion. He wasn't allowed to express a mind of his own, making the space even more broken and misplaced. He moved his knees closer to his body making sure to take up the least amount of space as he possibly could. He didn't need to be a bother, right? He continued his self attack in his clouded mind. 

The monster in his closet couldn't possibly stir. Unaware of what to do now that his human has evaded his space of mischief. It wasn't like the was a new event, it was a ever continuing occurrence. And quite frankly, he was growing tired of it. The human shivered and whimpered, clutching his own thin body. The monster knew, he was fully aware of the circumstances leading to this event. 

The first time he entered the monster's domain, it startled him. He froze up, he knew he wasn't here to clean it out or grab a change of clothes. He watched the human shuffle around moving a couple stacks of dusty boxes and the laundry basket, he e\watched as the human slide to the ground, releasing a sob he held in. He sat in the closet and cried for at least two hours, eventually falling asleep while lying his head on a box. Once the monster was sure he was asleep, he covered him up with a bigger jacket and watched carefully as he slept. 

The second and third time it was almost the same except he kept praying for death and happiness. Falling asleep curled up to the box, and being covered with the jacket yet again.

The fourth time, the worst by his knowledge, He sobbed loudly, crying out, unable to keep it in, Clutching his body til his digging nails produced blood. That night he was called out in the middle of his meltdown, and yelled at to 'Stop being a cry baby' and 'your fifteen you should have grown up by now you damn idiot.' The monster remember the human, his human after that night, being called many degrading words. As he listened he found the source if the conflict, his human had a crush, on another boy.  The monster listened as what he now knew to be his mother's current fling,  degrade the young teen, throwing in slurs and violent threats. 

And tonight was the fifth time. The monster cautious watched from a ceiling corner as his human tried his hardest to hold in the raging storm of his mind. By now the monster was calm and sharp, listening to the approaching footsteps, understanding what was about to happen.  

"Chuuya get out here...NOW!" The monster found the voice quite annoying. 

He watched as the teen stood up and wiped of his face, opening the door to the closet then the door to his room. "Yes sir?" He asked politely, with a softness in his voice that the man in front of him did not deserve. The ugly shirtless man stepped forward, making Chuuya take a few small steps back, almost gagging at the smell of cigarettes and beer. 

"Were you just crying again, you sissy-baby." The bloated man asked. His breath heavily stunk of alcohol and his slurred words and swaying body was another indication of yet another night of the grotesque man's drunk rampage. 

"...no sir." Chuuya answered quietly, trying to think of any words that might soothe the appalling man. 

You could tell a sort of uncalled for anger was building inside of the smelly man. "I can tell when you're lying to me you shithead." He walked forward as the ginger held in  gag. In the next second there was a shape sound.

"...I'm sorry." The ginger said quietly, not daring to raise his voice to even a normal volume. 

"'Sorry'" The man said in a mocking tone. "You should be sorry. I need to take time out of my night to discipline you and teach you about the real world, but no, all you wanna do is think  about boys and disrespect me. I've had enough. I'm done trying to warn you, next time you say or do something stupid or say anything about those boys you like,I'm gonna smack the shit out of you!" He paused for a moment, "Understand?!" He said strictly, his voice was loud and it may have started a headache in the monster's head. 

"I understand." He said much too quickly.

"There it is, that disrespect, I'm done with it, I show you so much respect, and yet here you are getting an attitude with ME." Another hard noise. "You better start showing me some more respect. Understood?"

"I understand sir." 

"Fucking queer, I didn't raise you to be like this." He said despite only knowing the boy for less than two years. "Fucking bullsh-" 

"Shut up already." said an unknown voice from the closet. 

"Oh so you've been fucking around." Said the grotesque man. Chuuya's eyes widened with fear. There was no one but him in that closet,and yet here his 'father' was blaming him for sleeping around.

"You sure do love to here yourself talk. Now get out and leave my human alone." said the voice. The voice only grew darker the more it sounded in the room."You fucking stink."

The bloated man swung open the door to see a demonic looking creature laying on the shelf of the boy's closet. "Who the hell are you?!" Asked the drunk man.

"This closet's demon, now move along, I'm quite busy."  He said, not even looking at the smelly man. 

"Wow, you sure are into some weird stuff, making your little boyfriend here dress up as Satan himself. This is ridiculous." 

"Satan? What an insult. I'm much worse." He said, standing up. This monster was tall, much taller than the appalling drunk. He rose his finger up and flicked the geezer into the wall, at least seven feet away, leaving an indent, Chuuya would need to fix later, if he survived this ordeal after-all."You annoy me." His gaze sent a chill down Chuuya's spine. 

The demonic presence turned to him, his cold glared seemed to change as he saw the frightened and teary boy. "Oi, Human-er, Chuuya?" The ginger nodded scared to let his voice out. The figured walked over to him, setting a cold hand on a red cheek. his eyes were a soft amber as Chuuya looked into them. His tense shoulders loosened as he felt long arms wrap around him, evening his once shaky breath as the creature whispered, "I'm sorry I didn't come sooner."

Chuuya felt an enveloping warmth, and feeling as he hugged the monster in the closet. He smiled realizing he finally had a friend who whispered gently, "I'll hold you."

---

Word Count: 1282-ish

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes. Please let me know your thoughts and opinions.