Flatlined

Beep

Beep

"Please, save him."

Beep

Beep

"Son, we are trying to do our best. Please sit down."

Beep

Beep

"Baby, please stay with me."

Beep

Beep Beep Beep

/\_/\______________________

"He flatlined. Pass me the defibrillator. Quick!"

"Sir, you will have to move. Or we won't be able to help him."

"No, no, no, no. Please breath again. Niall, don't leave me...."

1 year ago

"I love you." Niall looked up at Harry. They were laying naked in their bed. Niall's upper body was on top of Harry. While Harry's right hand was drawing different figures on Niall's lower back.

"And I love you. So very much!" Harry gently caressed his lovers cheek. Often Harry wondered, how did he get so lucky?

"These have been the best two years of my life." Niall whispered while smiling profoundly at Harry. He couldn't stop staring at him.

"I would correct that Niall. These have been the best four years of our lives." Niall crooked his eyebrows at Harry. "Yes. Don't look at me like that. Because the two years in which you stubbornly said no to me over and over again, were also amazing."

"You are such a sap!" Niall playfully hit Harry's chest and rolled off of him. He swiftly sat up, his feet dangling of the bed. Harry stared at Niall's bare back. Yes. Happy. Definitely happy.

"And you love me even more for that, don't 'ya?" Harry smiled widely and threw Niall's pillow at him! Soon Niall was on top of Harry and they wrestled like small children. Their room was filled with joyful laughs and giggles. They were happy. Both of them.

Present day

Beep

Beep

'Such a annoying sound'

Beep

Beep

'Stop. My head hurts so bad.'

Beep

Beep

"Doctor, it looks like he is about to wake up. His heart rate went up."

"Yes. I can see his eyes darting from side to side under his lids. It's a good thing. He might be waking up soon."

'Who are you? What's happening?'

"Will he be alright doctor?"

"It's to early to tell. He has been in coma for almost 5 days. We don't know what kind of impact it left on his brain. The damage could be minor, but you need to understand that the trauma he got and also being in coma, could leave unrepairable damage to his brain."

'Why can't I open my freaking eyes. Hello. Can anybody hear me?'

"Baby, it will be fine. I won't leave your side until you wake up. Just try to relax. Sorry if I am intruding your sleep with my talking, but doctor said that researches have found that some patients can hear things while being asleep. So I hope you can hear me being here. I don't want you to ever feel alone."

'Baby? Who are you? Somebody wake me up!'

Beep Beep Beep Beep

"Nurse! Doctor! Help!"

"What happened?"

"I was talking with him and suddenly the machine started to beep really loud. Is he fine?"

"It looks like he is having a seizure of some sort? It's really weird. Stay here, I will call the doctor."

'Why can't I open my eyes? Please? Everything hurts. Help me!'

"Sir, you will have to leave. He is having a cardiac arrest. We need to take him to operation room."

"No. Please. Don't take him away from me."

AUTHORS NOTE 🌺

Hello, my lovely and beautiful people 🌺

As I wrote on my profile, I have made the decision to discontinue two of my stories, so I can focus on Does he know? and this new story.

This story is massively inspired by movie 'The Vow', but because I haven't seen that movie in ages, it will be different. Just some of the main ideas were stolen by me.

This will not be very 'smutty' nor extremely 'cheerful' at times. But it's a love story about two people who lose one an other and try to mend their relationship.

P.S. this first chapter is written from Niall's perspective. It's what he hears while being 'unresponsive', because this is fiction and he can hear everything. He just can't make anything out of it.

Lots of Love - M🥀