You won't be 18 forever

Five years and three months ago

"Call me whenever you're ready to go back home, Niall." An annoyed Greg hissed into the phone while talking to his younger brother.

"I won't be going home." Niall said while covering his mouth a bit and exiting his living room, so his boyfriend wouldn't hear this conversation. He went into his bedroom and closed the door.

"Niall, stop kidding yourself or me, for that matter." To say that Niall was annoyed at his older brother was understatement. "I know that parents are super supportive of your choice to be a grown up and bla bla bla. But I know you. You are dependent on their support and you will want to come back home when that weird boyfriend of yours screws you over."

"stop saying that!" Niall practically screamed into his phone. "You don't even know him."

"So do you." Greg screamed back at Niall. "Believe me or not, but I care about your well being. And I don't think that moving to a different country, to one of the biggest cities in the world is a smart thing to do. Especially when you are alone."

"I am not alone." Niall sadly looked down to his feet. "I have Louis. He is helping me."

"Niall, you have an illusion." Greg really wanted for his little brother to see where he was coming from. He was just worried for Niall. "You met him online. You have been online "dating" for almost a year and when you move country's to be closer to him, he doesn't even want you two living together. You have to rent a room and find two jobs to support yourself. You are missing out on uni, because you don't have time with your jobs."

"It's normal Greg. We will move in after some time." Niall tried to defend Louis, because he knew him. He knows him. "We hadn't had real interactions so it would be a strain on our relationship. We talked through this. I am taking a gap year and saving some money and then we will start to live together and I will stay with just one job and start uni."

"Ok. I know that I can't change your mind, but..." Greg really wanted for Niall to think through all of this. "Remember that you won't be 18 forever. You have to be a grown up already, you can't be a kid. So you have to understand that life comes with a lot of challenges and being with a person who either treats you like you put the stars in the sky or mistreats you, is very important. And baby bro, you deserve to be carried around on somebody's arms. Remember that."

Two years and five months ago

"Pet, stop fidgeting." Niall laughed and squeezed Harry's hand in his. He moved a bit in his seat and put his head on Harry's shoulder as comfortable as he could, while sitting in a uncomfortable plain seat. "They will adore you. They really will."

"But, but what if they don't?" Harry suddenly shifted in his side, so he could face Niall and Niall's head fell down, but Harry caught it. "Sorry, baby. I just really want to get well with your family."

"Harry, love, look at me." Niall linked his and Harry's fingers together and looked Harry deep in the eyes. "My family already adores you. They are always so happy when you join in on Skype calls, even if it's just for a second. Greg is very excited to meet you and give you the older brother talk. And you will get it, but it will be a nice talk, believe me. My mom loves you and my dad said to me that he is proud of his future son-in-law. They already can't get enough of you, so don't stress it. Just be you. Because that's the best you."

Harry leaned closer to Niall and let their foreheads gently touch each other, before he nuzzled their noses together. He took a deep breath and opened his eyes. Niall's eyes were already looking at his, with so much adoration that it made Harry feel so warm in the pits of his being.