What had changed

Twelve hours before the accident

"So why exactly are you taking ME out for your birthday?" Niall rolled on top of Harry. The white bedsheets and duvet covers making Niall's blue eyes seem even more blue then ever, when the morning sun shone on his face. "Shouldn't it be other way around?"

"Well I guess, but..." Harry hugged Niall's body lightly, letting his long fingers run up and down Niall's soft skin. Harry blew a soft puff of air on Niall's face, making the Irish lad close his eyes slightly and smirk in Harry's direction. "You already are the greatest gift I have ever gotten. So I want to treat you tonight and every night, till the very last one."

"You are such a s-" Niall couldn't finish his sentence, because Harry's laughing voice finished in his place.

"-ap! I know." Harry laughed and hugged Niall closer to him. Niall's head rested on top of Harry's chest and he looked up at Harry. He felt so content in that moment right there. Everything he ever wanted was coming true. He was living his fairytale.

"Would you mind closing your eyes for a second, love?" Niall said quietly and unwrapped himself from Harry's warm touch. "I got you something smalllllll."

"Niall, I told you. No gifts!" Harry made a sweet little pout with his lips and started to grin from one ear to other.

"I know. I know." Niall leaned down and pressed a quick kiss on Harry's lips. "But I love you, so I couldn't help myself. Now close them!"

Harry closed his eyes and sat up a bit. He could hear Niall shuffling through drawers. Suddenly Harry felt the bed dip near him and he felt Niall putting something on his lap.

"You can open your eyes now." Niall said with excitement dripping from his voice. "It's nothing big, yet."

Harry looked at Niall with puzzled eyes and started to unwrap the small present in front of him. When he opened it, it had a single key in it. Harry took it and examined it closely.

"This key?" Harry said quietly and looked at Niall. He pressed the key to Niall's heart lightly and twisted it to side. "Is for your heart? I thought that it already belonged to me?"

"No, Harry!" Niall laughed and grabbed Harry's hand in his. He guided Harry to their bedroom window. When Harry was standing infront of the small round window, he felt Niall's arms creep behind him and hug his torso. Niall pressed his chin on Harry's shoulder and let out a long breath.

"So, what are we looking at?" Harry asked with genuine interest in his voice. He looked out of the window and he didn't see any new cars, so that couldn't be it. Altho, with Niall opening his own photography studio, he was able to afford it.

"At your future recording studio." Niall exclaimed and pointed his finger to the apartment complex infront of their apartment. His finger was pointing to the very last floor. There were massive oval like windows. They looked magical.

"What?" Harry suddenly turned in Niall's arms and looked deep in his blue eyes. "What? How?"

"Well, it needs a lot of work." Niall grinned and started to fiddle with his fingers, reverting his gaze from Harry. "My friend Steve was selling his penthouse on the last floor. It's quite massive. But, he had rented it out for some rich teens and they trashed it pretty bad. So we will have to renovate it completely."

Harry hugged Niall and started to sob quietly. He couldn't believe that Niall would spend so much money on him. Why would he do that?

"Ni, it's way to expensive." Harry pulled himself out of Niall's hands and looked him deep in the eyes. "I can't let you do that."