Take it off (!)

Six months before

"Babe?" Niall spoke while laying on top of Harry's chest. Both of their bodies sweaty from few moments before.

"Yes, love?" Harry's soft voice rang through the tranquil air that surrounded two boys.

"I wanted to tell you something before, but you kinda tackled me down there." Niall let out a quit chuckle and reverted his gaze from Harry's face. He felt his cheeks burning. "I ran in to somebody today at work."

"You did? Who?" Harry looked down at his boyfriend and frowned when he didn't see his eyes staring back at him. "Was it Stevie Nicks? Please tell me that it was her?"

"Baby, you know that my studio doesn't get famous clients." Niall shook his head. He was amazed by his Harry. He was always so eager and excited about the littlest things.

"But it will." Harry hummed and hugged Niall's delicate body against his. "Who was it then?"

"Louis."

The room went silent. If a needle would be dropped, you could hear it fall to the ground. No one moved. It felt like they had stopped breathing. At least Harry had stopped.

"Baby? Please say something?" Niall propped himself up on his elbows and shook Harry gently with one of his hands.

"Y-you waited for after sex to tell me something like this?" Harry sounded very angry, but his posture didn't change. He was still on his back and staring into the distance.

"I wanted to tell you the first second I entered the apartment, but we just got carried away." Niall whispered beneath his breath while his head hung low. He didn't want to look into Harry's eyes.

"You should have called me as soon as that fucker entered your studio." Harry sat up and buried his face into his palms. He had a lump in his throat, but he suppressed the urge to cry. "It has your name in it, so he did it on purpose. It wasn't a mere accident or something. He wanted to see you."

"I guess, maybe. But, Harry, you know that I don't want to see him." Niall changed his position, so he was on his knees. He took Harry's arms in his and pulled them away from his face. Harry looked up at Niall and started to cry.

Niall scooped Harry into his arms and caressed Harry's back with feather like strokes. He whispered sweet nothings in his hair and pressed light kisses on his forehead.

"Harry, darling. I don't know what his intentions were. But as soon as I saw him, I told him to leave and turned around. I went into my office and didn't see him at all." Niall took hold of Harry's face and gave him an Eskimo kiss. "I love only you and you don't have to ever doubt that. I will never go back to him. You hear it, never."

Present day

"Can I ask you a question, Harry?" Niall looked up at Harry, who was sitting on the couch in the hospital room and reading medical journals on memory loss.

"Sure, lov-Niall." Harry had to stop himself from referring to Niall in any pet name, because when he did that, Niall sometimes got an anxiety attack, because he didn't know Harry. He couldn't remember Harry, so he was a just a stranger to him.

"Am I hurting you right now?" Niall's voice came out sad and broken. He looked up into Harry's green eyes and a small tear escaped his eye.

Harry scurried up from where he was sitting and sat down to the chair that was next to Niall's bed. He wanted to take Niall's hand in his, but he managed to stop himself, before he could.

"No, no. I am sad. But it's not because of you." Harry reassured Niall. He smiled in his direction with a cheeky smile and ran his fingers through his unruly hair. "It's not your fault and I believe that you are hurting way more than I am. You are stuck here with somebody that you don't even know and he claims to be your boyfriend. That must suck."