You don't look Irish

Four years and five months ago

"Niall, honey." Maura's voice sounded concerned and sad. "Can I talk to you about something very important?"

"Sure, 'ma. What is it?" Niall stoped what he was doing and looked at his mum; standing in front of him. While he tried to make himself a sandwich.

"It's just. I don't want you to be mad." Niall furrowed his brows and thought of possible scenarios about what could make him so mad that his mum sounded like a kicked puppy. "Me and dad, were wondering if Louis is treating you right?"

Niall gasped and the knife that was in his hands slipped out and fell on the ground with a loud thud. He quickly grabbed it and placed it back on the cutting board.

"Mom. Why would you think that?" Niall's eyes darted form one side of the room to another. Is Louis perfect, no? But is he completely horrible? I really believe that he isn't. "He is good for me."

"Honey. When we visited you and met him for the first. You seemed so sad." Maura's voice was breaking. She couldn't even phantom that somebody could treat her angel bad. "It looks like you haven't been sleeping that good and you have lost a lot of weight."

"Ma, it's because of work and school. Don't worry." Niall said in a bit too rushed of a voice.

Maura smiled sadly and walked over to her baby; she hugged him as hard as she could; as if she was afraid that if she let him go, she would loose him. She let her fingers slide through his hair as she whispered in his ear.

"I love you, Ni. And I want you to be happy, but I also want you to be careful." Maura sighed as she slowly let go of her youngest child. "Remember; you are worth of so much more then you think you do. You deserve so much love."

Maura said as she walked outside Niall's small kitchen; when his mum visited him so soon after her first visits; he thought that something was wrong, but he never knew that she didn't find Louis fit as his boyfriend.

Present day

"Hey, Ni." Liam said in a sad voice; he saw how tired his best friend looked; the circles under his eyes looked so deep and dark; and his skin was littered with small cuts and bruises that seemed to never disappear.

"Hey, Li. Thanks for letting me stay." Niall whispered and looked around the apartment that he lived in; well, used to live. It looked so different; so very different.

"Hello, Niall." A soft voice echoed through the apartment and a young looking girl skipped out of the kitchen; she was stunning, but Niall didn't know who she was. "Oh, right. I am Maya, Niall."

Maya extended her arm and Niall gladly took it in his; he shook it and felt warmth inside; she managed to calm him so much; she felt familiar.

"I guess that we both know each other?" Niall smiled lazily.

"Yeah. We met around 2 years ago. When Liam introduced us." Maya smiled as wide as she could; before her smile faded a bit. "You ar- well used to be my best friend."

"Oh." Niall felt his heart shrug even smaller. She looked like a nice girl; he could see them being great friends; he just can't remember a damn thing.

"Can I ask you a favour, Ni?" Maya asked as she looked between Niall and Liam; Niall nodded his head and she stepped closer to Niall.

"Can I hug you? Or will that be too much? I don't wan-" Niall laughed and let his backpack fall to ground as he launched his body on top of Mayas.

The second that they hugged Niall felt warm tingles go through his body; he inhaled Mayas sweet scent and whispered cherry blossom.

"Cherry blossom?" Maya whispered back.