T W O

Edited on 20 December 2020. 

❤️

Momo was right to anticipate a bumpy start for her new school. Sakura made it her new life purpose to humiliate Momo as often as possible. This made it impossible for her to find any friends. She didn't stick around long after school ended and always made her way home as fast as she could. Sato-sensei offered her homeroom teacher to show her around and introduce her to the clubs, but Momo instantly declined his offer. However, Sato-sensei made Momo come along one afternoon.

"Inarizaki is a proud school with many clubs," explained her teacher.

They were walking along the halls of the school. They had just visited the art club room. Sakura, captain of the club, was overenjoyed to see Momo.

"I know that sensei," sighed Momo.

"Good. I noticed you have a little bit of trouble. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Momo gave her teacher an are-you-serious look but kept her mouth shut and instead let her sharp tongue fill her mind.

"No, sensei. I'll manage on my own."

"Alright, well, is there anything you are interested in?"

"No, really," shrugged Momo, highly bothered by his pep talk.

"Oh, come on! What about sports? Do you like sports? We have an awesome male volleyball team, and the girls are crushing it in basketball."

Momo felt terrible for her teacher. He was obliviously trying very hard to make her feel more comfortable and went out of his way for it.

"I'm not really into sports anymore."

"Any more?"

"I, uh, I was part of the swim team in my old school and middle school."

Her cheeks flushed pink when the memories of her best years, before people cared about her mother, ran through her mind.

"Oh, great! Sadly, we don't have a swim team. Anything else?"

"Not really. Look, I appreciate what you are trying to do, but I'm not really interested in joining a club."

"You do know that clubs are mandatory in this school?"

"Unfortunately, yes, but I was hoping for an exception..."

"No," replied Sato in a firm tone, "ah, here we are. The gym!"

They arrived in front of tall, metal doors. Momo could hear squeaky footsteps and balls hitting the floor.

"And try to be quiet inside."

The ceiling must be twenty feet high. Momo needed to let her head fall in her neck so she could admire the gym. The space was so large it could fit an Olympic-sized swimming pool, maybe two. The male volleyball team just arrived from their run, sweaty, out of breath, and surprised to see Sato-sensei with a student. Momo didn't care for them and kept her eyes fixated on the high ceiling.

"Oh, why is Sato-sensei here?" asked Atsumu.

His teammates gave him a confused glance before they glanced over to Momo and Sato again. Their cold stares were enough to set the other patron edging out of harm's way. When brothers look at one another like that, like all love isn't only lost but transformed into a powerful hatred, nothing good will happen next.