F O U R

Edited on 21 December 2020

❤️

It was the end of September, and for the first time since she moved to Hyogo, Momo couldn't stop grinning as she walked through the halls of Inarizaki High. For the past weeks, she and her new friends, Osamu and Suna, always met up with her during lunch in the cafeteria. Although Osamu nearly always ate most of it, they shared food, played games, and took weird selfies with strange and bizarre filters on Suna's phone. However, the thing Momo enjoyed the most was gossiping with Suna.

"Hey, Momo!" called Osamu as she entered the cafeteria.

Before anyone could throw perplexed stares at her, Momo hurried through the crowd and took her seat next to Suna, who played a game she didn't know.

"Hey," she greeted, so happy that the boys couldn't let unnoticed. "What's going on?" asked Osamu as his hungry eyes lingered on the bento box Momo placed on the table a second ago.

"Oh, nothing," grinned Momo, "I'm just in a good mood."

"That's a first," smirked Suna.

Osamu suddenly leaped forward and took Momo's lunchbox in his hands. He tore it from her grip, and hastily opened the container. The smell of fresh rice and teriyaki-chicken filled his nose.

"Oi!"

Osamu ignored Momo as he happily ate nearly all over her chicken and steamed rice. Just when he was about to open the second lid did her lean fingers get a good grip around his hands. With all her might, she pulled his hands off her lunch box and managed to get it back. Suna was too busy with his game to see them fight. Also, he didn't care.

"So, aren't you guys having a game this weekend?"

Osamu nodded while he tried to grab more of her food. Momo smacked his hand away before he could touch anything. He pouted and gave you a look of annoyance.

"Yeah," he muttered, "why do you ask?"

"No reason."

"Don't tell me you are interested in coming?" Suna rose a brow.

"As if," spat Momo and shoved more food into her mouth.

Her gaze lingered in the air, and she gave up on defending her lunch box. Osamu snatched it from her fingers and ate the last of her peaches. Suna still played his game. The boys were busy with their thing, and Momo let her glance fell through the room until she met golden brown eyes. Her mouth formed into a straight line while she continued to stare into Miya Atsumu's eyes. Neither of them broke eye contact, nor both knew that they had started a contest. Something about his eyes made everything inside of her boil. She probably would have won the game if Osamu didn't wave his large hand in front of her eyes. Startled, Momo blinked at him.

"Momo? Are you listing to me? Suna and I have to go now."

Momo waved them goodbye and sighed because she felt the loneliness crawl back into her skin. Momo hated being alone because it made her realize everyone despised her except these two idiots. Momo's eyes fell back to Osamu's seat, and she noticed his red jacket hanging loosely on the handle.

"Osamu, you forgot-"

But she stopped when she saw they were already too far gone. Momo rose from her seat and grabbed the large jacket, carefully folding it in her arms.

"Your friends left already?"

A group of her classmates suddenly walked up to her table and smirked at her. Momo wasn't in the mood to be humiliated by her classmates again, so she simply pushed in Osamu's chair and set off to leave. However, her classmates had a different idea.