T W E N T Y S E V E N

Can we all just agree that this would probably happen and it's just so funny?

• • •

"Everyone together now!" The Volleyball coach shouted as he entered the gym. The volleyball players glanced at their coach, surprised. It wasn't healthy for the middle-aged man to walk in the gym already annoyed.

"Hustle, hustle! Suna! Osamu! Now!" The boys looked confused to one another while jogging towards their coach. A bad feeling crawled up Osamu back before stopping next to his brother.

"In one month, we will be participating in the Spring High, and just one minute ago, I received a call from the All-Japan volleyball organisation."

Atsumu tensed up immediately when his coach mentioned the words "all-japan". High school students who showed exceptional talent in volleyball are invited to a one-week training camp in Tokyo. It was a great honour to be asked, and Atsumu was more than keen to be one of the outstanding setters in his generation.

"Atsumu!" The serious voice of his coach pulled the excited setter back to reality. Atsumu's golden-brown eyes stared into the smirking face of his coach.

"You got in." Atsumu couldn't believe the words that echoed through his head. Before he could react to the fanatic news, his teammates were already screaming and slapping their firm hands proudly on his back.

"You finally got in, you son of a bitch," Akagi yelled and smirked at his underclassman.

"Oi. We have the same mother idiot!" Osamu hissed at the Libero who promptly muttered an apology.

Atsumu checked while his teammates congratulated him. He was too busy to soak his their blessings to noticed how Suna rolled his eyes annoyed at him.

"At least he will be gone for a week and (y/n) can relax a little bit. She's been pretty tense lately." The black-haired middle blocker thought to himself before looking towards the high ceiling of the cold gym.

"Maybe I should ask her to come over... Nah she probably finds an excuse anyway." He muttered to himself before he noticed the presence of his captain next to him.

"Do you think about (l/n)-san?" Kita asked his underclassman.

Suna wasn't surprised by his captain straightforward question. Kita has a very candid way of speaking, where he doesn't sugar-coat his words when voicing his opinion or questions. However, Suna knew that Kita worried about his mates and right now he must be worrying him.

"Yeah... She hasn't been feeling well lately." Kitas eyes widened in surprised. He only talked to you a few times and only saw you eating with Suna and Osamu in the cafeteria but hearing that you were not feeling well made his soft heart hurt.

"Is she sick? Do you need to go and see her? I can come with you if you need it." Suna chuckled at his captain reaction. It was sweet how the grey-haired male cared about someone he only recently met.

"She is not really sick. She's probably confused?" Suna spoke slowly.

"Why are you asking me?" Kita didn't understand his underclass, but he smiled when he saw a glimpse of relief in Suna's light green eye's bright green eyes.

"Excuse me!" Your soft voice echoed through the nosy gym.

The loud cheers calmed down when you strolled into the big area. You tried to ignore the many eyes on your body while searching for your friends.

"Speaking of the devil... (y/n)!" Sun waved you towards him. Kita ignored his sarcastic comment while scanning your face. He noticed how you tried to cover up deep blue bags under your eyes with concealer.

"I don't know if you and Osamu are trying to me to visit your practice or if you guys are just stupid." You spoke with an annoying smirk on your face while throwing a jacket into Suna's arms.

Suna rolled his eyes while folding the soft material in his hands. You glanced through the room and noticed how almost most of the players were laughing around Atsumu. You didn't leave your eyes for very long on the dyed blond setter. It's been two weeks since you last spoke to him and since you slept in your bedroom. You hated how much you feared to be confronted by him again.

"Since when is blondie getting so much praise?" You hissed and stared back into Suna's and Kita's faces.

"He got into a training camp with the best players in Japan." Suna explained before flicking his tongue in annoyance. You didn't miss the intense stares in your back from a particular person.

"(y/n)! Have you come to see me play again?" Atsumu cheered and jogged towards you. Almost every person in the room felt the hatred leaving your body when the blond setter brought his arm around your shoulders.

"I'll be going then. I won't be in school next week for a couple of days so make sure you and Osamu won't forget your jackets in the cafeteria." You spoke towards Suna before shrugging Atsumu's toned arm of your shoulders.

You didn't want to feel the sparks he caused in your body where his skin touched yours. It made you sick knowing that the time you were separated, nothing changed. Your stomach still felt weird when he moved or looked at you. You were supposed hate him and everything he does, but how can you hate something that makes you feel so good?