T H I R T Y F O U R

Your room felt different when you open your eyes in the middle of the night. A cold winter breeze rushed through your (h/c) hair as you slowly peek to your open window. The warm material which covered your body gradually became cold since the freezing filled your room. 

"Why is the window open?" You hissed to yourself quietly. Your voice is dry and the taste of sleep formed on your tongue.

Suddenly you heard something move closer to your bed frame. Your eyes tried to see in the darkness, but you couldn't even tell where your bed frame ended. Without waiting for another second, you jumped towards your nightstand and turned on the light.

For a few seconds, you couldn't see anything other than radiant yellow colours dancing in front of your eyelids as the sudden flash of light blinded you. The sound of someone else groaning and falling to the group made you realise that you were unquestionably not alone in your room. You rushed out of your bed, ready to hit your intruder as the person quickly started to speak.

"Don't hit me!" Your intruder is male. He yelled in a hushed voice, and your brain immediately recognised the owner of the sound.

"Atsumu?! What the fuck are you doing in my room?" The blond boy carefully glanced into you (e/c) eyes. He saw how your bare arms and legs were shaking, and he figured that it wasn't just because of the cold air. Your face tensed as the blond boy stared shock into your eyes. 

"(y/n)! What a coincidence to find you here." With a cheekily smile, the setter slowly pushed himself of your wooden floor and towered over you. Your heartbeat a thousand miles per hour, and your chest started to hurt while the fear in your body slowly vanished.

"(y/n) is everything alright?" The sudden voice from your father made another shot of adrenaline rush through your veins. 

Without thinking about any other solutions, you grabbed the confused male in front of you and practically threw him into your now cold sheets. Quickly you ran over to your door and glanced back towards your bed. Luckily Atsumu understood your plan and hid under your sheets. 

You opened the door abruptly and smiled into the concerned face of your father. His eyes glanced towards your bed and around your room, but he didn't see anything or rather anyone.  

"Dad! I'm sorry, did I wake you? I just had a nightmare because I fell off the bed." You chuckled awkwardly and thanked God from the darkness which covered up your deep red cheeks. 

"Did you hurt yourself? And close your window! It's freezing in your room." 

"Yea..." Your thoughts went back to the blond male who tried not to burst into loud laughter as he eavesdropped to your conversation. 

"Don't forget to wake up early tomorrow. Your flight leaves at 10 am." Your father reminded with a stern tone in his husky voice and walked back into his room. 

A sigh escaped your soft lips while you shut the door quietly. For a short moment, your body relaxed, but when Atsumu moved under your sheets, the feelings were quickly replaced with anger. You stormed over to the blond setter and started to hit his head until he caught both of your arms in his big hands. 

The blond male towered over you as he pressed your wrist deeper into the soft material of your matters. The cheekily smile on his thin lips grew bigger while you tried to free yourself from his tight grip. His knees were on both sides of your hips, and it didn't help your position that both of you were in your bed. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" You hissed. 

"Why didn't you tell your dad that I was in your room. Did you want me to stay here?" His hot breath caught your cold skin as he slowly moved closer to your exposed neck. You tried to kick him, but he quickly moved his weight to suppress all of your options of escaping his grip. 

"If he saw you in my room, he would have beaten you to death and made me move back to Tokyo, but maybe that isn't such a bad idea! Tell me what you are doing in my room in the middle of the night before I call the cops!"

"Where are you flying tomorrow?" Atsumu couldn't keep his mouth from smiling as bright as the morning sun when he saw your red cheeks and felt your bare skin on his. The sensation was making him weak, and he didn't know how much longer he would have the upper hand in this situation. 

"Miya if you won't answer my question right now I will scream." From the severe glance of your eyes he didn't, he shouldn't play around anymore but let be honest here. This is Miya Atsumu. When does he ever care or stop playing? 

"Didn't you just visit your mom in Tokyo? Are you going on vacation?" Your nerves were about to explode since many things (too many indeed) made you feel different things at the same time. 

"I swear to god Miya if you don't answer me right now-" 

"Now calm yer horses alright! See I'm letting your go." He carefully released your arms and moved to sit next to rather than laying on top of you. His out of character move made you nervous. What was he planning?

"Look... I just saw that your window was open and I wanted to see you before I'll go to the tournament in two days." A slightly blush covered his cheeks while he folded his hand in his lap. Cautiously you moved a bit away from him while grabbed the sheets to cover your body. 

"Is that true?" You asked and glanced at him. He rolled his eyes before scratching the back of his neck. 

"Yes..." He pouted and stared into blank space. You wanted to yell at the setter for breaking into your home and invading your personal space on a whole another level but a sudden wave of sleepiness crashed over your body as if it acted on its own and wanted you to calm down, thus being unable to find the motivation to push Atsumu out of your bed. 

Your head fell back into the soft material of your pillow and you almost didn't care about the male starring holes into the back of your head. Your sleepiness made you forget about your speeding heartbeat and the fact that your cheeks burned like as if your bare feets stepped into the hot sand of the beach. 

"(y/n)?" Atsumu carefully asked as he noticed the steady rise and fall of your shoulders. For a second you didn't want to answer as anger made itself present again but you decided to ignore the feeling in your chest and turned towards the setter again. 

"Mh?" His eyes didn't meet yours as he nervously played with the soft material of your sheets. If were for the light coming from the lamp on your nightstand, you wouldn't have seen his deep red cheeks and how he carelessly chewed on his bottom lip. 

"Do you like me?"