T H I R T Y

"You know, when someone says to my mother that they are taking me out for dinner, she would not be happy with this choice of restaurant." You chuckled while Atsumu handed you a small piece of paper. 

"I don't see your point." Atsumu mumbled tiredly while grabbing one of the many rice bowls from the heated fridge. 

"We are literally in the cafeteria of your sports training camp! I'm not even sure if I am allowed in here!" You hushed angrily at him while your eyes glanced at the young males seating around the table all stuffing food into their exhausted bodies. A few of the males have only noticed your presence, but their eyes quickly left your body when Atsumu glanced at them with a deadly look on his face. 

"Oh don't act like your someone who doesn't break the rules sometimes!" He hushed back before smirking when he saw the pout on your face. 

He didn't think you would come to the address he sent you, but when he picked you up from the entrance, he saw your moms car leaving. She must have dragged your here or otherwise you came by your free will. Whatever it was, Atsumu was very happy to see you again. 

"You don't even know me that well!" You muttered under breath before taking a sip from your glass of water. You could use something stronger to calm your nerves down. 

"So did you find a dress?" You glanced back into the golden-brown eyes and sighed while nodding. 

"Yeah, I found one. You're not coming to the ball, right?" You asked as you filled your mouth with rice. 

Atsumu glanced into your (e/c) eyes and nodded. The ball was in three days, and he would still be at the training camp. He didn't mind, and actually, he was happy not heaving to go. He hated how his mother would make him wear one of his dad's old suits and how Osamu always looked better than him no matter how much he would try to make the costume fit his toned body. 

However, the thought of seeing you in a lovely dress that defined all your edges and curves made the setter think about skipping the last day of training. He also felt jealous when you remembered him that Suna asked you to be his date to the ball. 

Atsumu and Suna were friends since their first year, and he always liked how someone as good as he was lazy as hell. Suna was one of the best middle blockers he ever met and his ability to manipulate their opponents scared him. 

Although Suna never participated in Osamu's and his pranks on their teammates, he always filmed it or took pictures. Suna was best mates with his brother, which was mostly because both of them hated his arrogant and selfish ass. Atsumu noticed how Suna was close friends with you and that the taller man started to like you. It made him jealous and feel trapped knowing there is a chance of you choosing Suna instead of him. But Atsumu was willing to fight for you since he never felt this way about someone before. 

"I heard you made Samu take Rika to the dance?" He asked to cover up the silence he caused during his deep thoughts. 

"Yeah... No one asked her, and she is really into these kinds of stuff." You replied, while scrolling through your Instagram feed. 

"You not so much?" Atsumu asked and smiled. He loved the way your cheeks was squeezed against your palm. 

"I never been to a ball and I can't dance!" You chuckled and wondered how you could enjoy your time with him. 

He did apologize for his behaviour on the night two weeks ago, and his action made sense, knowing why he did it, but there was something in your bones that didn't want to forgive him just yet. After all, Atsumu was a player and a damn well one. How could you know when to trust him again?

"Don't worry, Suna will probably just eat the food and hang out with the other boys." Atsumu tried to calm your nerves when his whole body itched at the thought of the black-haired middle blocker touching your skin. 

"Yeah." It was evident that the two of you still needed to discuss a few things to clear the tension in the air surrounding you two. You glanced back into his eyes and felt the sparks of his touch on your hands. You thought about your mother's words and swallowed nervously. 

"I broke the deal off with Sakura." His voice was low and the tone serious. You didn't break the contact of his hands of yours when the words registered in your mind. 

"She will probably... I don't know what she will do alright? But I can't do this anymore. I hate being away from you!" Your eyes widened as the selfish and cool remaining male in front of you started to crumble. 

"I know I have to learn a lot more about you and I know that you probably don't trust me right now and I get that. I just... It makes me sick when I think about you hanging out with someone else and the thought of losing again is just... I cant deal with it alright?!" His shoulders started shaking from the sudden burst of emotions he tried to deny and hide. The grip on your hands grew stronger but you didn't mind. After all, you are a sucker for broken things like you. 

"I hate not seeing you through the window anymore! Every night I waited for you to come back and yell or throw things at me because I wouldn't care about that! I wanted you to speak to me so badly! I couldn't concentrate on anything anymore and I even started skipping volleyball just to see you walk home from far." His confession shocked you. How could you not notice these things and why did none of your friends tell you about them. 

"I'm a perfectionist and I kept telling myself that I don't need things like love and real friends to be good but the moment you stepped into my life... you just fucked everything up! I fucking love it when you roll your eyes at my snarky comments or the way you get so competitive when you really want something." A loud sigh left his lips before the salty liquid in his eyes escaped and fell onto your skin. 

"I... I lo... A fuck it!" He suddenly yelled out and gained everyone's attention in the room. 

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he looked deeply into your (e/c) eyes. Your heart almost broke into a million pieces as you watched him break. Your heart didn't beat anymore and the sparks covered your entire body. 

"I fucking love you!" He screamed into your face. 

Your heart started to beat again as if he is the reason you have to keep living. You wanted to hug the broken boy in front of you and tell him that everything is going to be okay. And you know what? That's exactly what you did because you finally knew how you felt about him.