E I G H T

Edited on 22 December 2020. 

❤️

Atsumu threw on a warm jacket as his twin tied the laces of his sneakers. Their parents were watching with bright grins on their faces.

"We will be going now," said Osamu.

"My boys are grown up!" cried Mrs. Miya.

Osamu groaned loudly as his mother pulled him into another bone-breaking hug. Despite her weak appearance, she still managed to make her sons gasped for air after a tight hug. Despite losing feelings in his legs, he didn't push her off him.

"Mom, we just turned 17!" chuckled Atsumu, who was glad not to be in his mother's arms.

"Remember!" Mr. Miya gave his sons an intense glare. "Don't get drunk, and if she says she's a freak in the sheets-"

"She's not a lady in the streets. Yeah, yeah. We know. C'mon Samu, we're going to be late for our own party."

The twins waved before slipping out of the house. The cool night air whipped around their faces, soothingly brushed against their fiery skin. They climbed down the flight of stairs and were about to make their way to the train station when a cheery voice called behind them.

"What are you guys up to?"

Momo grinned at the twins while she carried a white plastic bag in her hand. Her ginger curls were pulled up neatly and held by a single earthen colored band. It always was when she was serious about something - be it academic, creative, or sporting.

"Oh, Momo-chan! How are you this fine evening?"

Atsumu beamed at her. Momo put her hands on her hips as she gave him a thoughtful look. There was something about him she couldn't put her finger on. Atsumu didn't have a dirty grin or scowl on his face. Even Osamu, who didn't seem able to express emotions with his face, had a small grin on his lips. Momo swallowed hard and wondered what kind of evil the wicked twins planned.

"You guys seem to be in a good mood," said Momo hesitantly.

"Well, it's our birthday," laughed Atsumu, "I guess it's natural to be happy."

"Seriously?"

Momo threw a sharp look at Osamu, who was too busy with a phone call. She was unsure. Maybe Atsumu wanted to play a prank on her after annoying him with homework yesterday. Atsumu laughed and hopped from foot to foot.

"Yeah, Momo," sighed Atsumu, "Today is our birthday – the fifth of October."

"Happy Birthday, then. I'm guessing you are going to some rice field and drink your way through the night."

"Who do you think we are?"

Momo let her eyes fall to his twin, who hung up the call. He only exchanged a few words with the person on the other line.

"Ginjima and Akagi will come later. The train has some delays."

Osamu grinned down at Momo, who threw her hands into the air as if she tried to catch something.

"What do you do in Hyogo for someone's birthday? In Tokyo, we would have endless options, but here..."

Momo trailed off and smirked at Atsumu, whose face began to redden despite the cool air.

"We also have options," barked Atsumu, "we are heading to a karaoke bar right now."

"Sure, have fun in the rusty barn."