T H I R T Y T H R E E

Soft flakes. 

Cold breeze. 

Laughter.

Deep sky with millions of shining stars. 

This being your first school dance and winter ball it wasn't a surprise to everyone that your expectations were high. You didn't care about the freezing air as your hurting feet carried you out of the warm and stuffy gym into the darkness. Your cheeks were burning while a few drops of sweat rolled down your glowing skin. 

The sound of joy and dream being crushed was mumbled as the door closed behind you. The last bit of warm air faded away while you sat onto a close-by bench watching the stars. Your (e/c) flew back into the gym as a familiar voice yelled for the name of your best friend. 

Osamu was dragged by Rika onto the dance floor. Her deep blue free hugged her body tightly and made the perfect female look like a goddess on earth. Osamu didn't mind dancing with her as he found her appearance attractive but her loud voice annoyed him and burnt ever last bit of patience away. 

A small laugh escaped your tinted lips when Osamus grey eyes locked with yours and a dangerous flash bounced in his. He couldn't storm out of the gym and beat you at this moment as he was too busy being annoyed at Rika. 

"Is there still some room next to you?" A soft smile was on your lips as your eyes glanced at the captain of the volleyball team.

"Of course." His dark eyes eyed you carefully while he sat down next to you. Your skin was shaking and trembling from the cold but he noticed that you didn't seem to care. 

"Do you need my jacket?" Like a gentleman, he started to pull the black clothing of his shoulders but was stop by you warm hand on his right shoulder.

"No, I'm fine thanks." You replied warmly and with a wide smile on your face. It may be the atmosphere that made you be this happy at this moment but you couldn't help the joy spreading through your veins. 

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" 

"The air got really stuffy in the gym so I decided to grab some fresh air. How about you?" Kita smiled while you started into the night sky. 

"The gym usually has its windows open but for stay reasons, we needed to close them." You nodded and started back into his eyes. This is probably the first time you and he held a conversation without you being scared of him. 

"What are you feeling about Atsumu?" His direct question made your eyes widen in shock and turn to face towards him again. 

You didn't know what his and Atsumu's relationship was but seeing Atsumu follow him around like a puppy made you believe their relationship was close. Suna also told you that Kita was the only one in the team able to make the twins stop with their pranks. Most of the underclassmen are slightly afraid of Kita due to his stern personality. 

"When did he tell you?" 

"He immediately called me after the coach yelled at him. I never imagined him to be so..." He stopped, grabbing his chin while trying to think of his next word. 

"nerve-wracking." A small giggle left your lips as Kita's forehead was covered with wrinkles. 

"Tell me is something going on with you and Suna? I don't want to invade your personal space but I need to know. I don't want you to hurt them." 

Slowly your heart seemed to calm down and sadness sparkly through you. The way he cared about his underclassman was like no other man you ever met. Your heart when out towards the light-haired boy and suddenly you wished that you never moved to Hyogo. 

"I don't see Suna as anything else other than a friend. We talked about it and from my perspective, it seems that it's going alright."

"What about Atsumu?" Kita asked. 

"Would you believe me if I told you that I liked him?" Kita rose his eyebrows in surprise. 

He expected a negative answer towards your feeling for Atsumu since you and him only between fighting for the past serval weeks. Hearing you almost admit your feelings for the selfish blond almost amused the captain. 

"So do you love him?"

Your heart started to beat fast as your brain pictured the blond boy. It almost made you sick knowing your feelings towards him. 

"What if I do?"

"You better start to buy a cream against wrinkles. With that boy, you will need it."