T H R E E

Edited on 21 December 2020. 

❤️

Suna Rintaro stood in front of a vending machine outside the cafeteria. He craved potato chips and was counting his money. He groaned forcefully when he noticed he didn't have enough money for the snack. His head fell against the cool glass with a loud tumpft.

"You alright?"

His eyes glanced behind, and he saw the outline of a girl his age. Ginger curls laid in front of her chest, and he sighed.

"Yeah," his low voice replied.

The girl to his right was Takeshita Momo. He didn't know much about her other than she was the hot topic of gossip. Without words, she handed him a 1000 ¥ bill. Suna's eyes widened at the gesture, but he didn't take her money.

"Go on. Take it."

Suna didn't move, and Momo felt her patience fly away like sand on a beach. She pushed herself next to him and inserted the bill in the machine. Without asking him, she pushed the same buttons he did before.

"How did you-"

"I saw you struggle while I was walking," smirked Momo.

Suna shot another glance at Momo.

"Oh, thank you," replied Suna, "I'm Suna Rintaro."

"Takeshita Momo."

"I know," he spoke without thinking.

Momo gave him a puzzled look. Oh, how much Suna regretted his fast tongue at this moment. He scratched his neck and avoided her warm eyes.

"I mean, you're the new girl, y'know."

Momo chuckled.

"It's alright," said Momo, "I guess you heard the gossip about me?"

"I did."

"And? What do you think?"

"Excuse me?" Suna rose a brow.

"What are your thoughts about the gossip?"

"Oh, you're that kind," thought Suna to himself.

He pulled out the bag of chips and smirked down into her grey eyes.

"I don't care for it. Sakura invents gossip every day."

A grin spread over Momo's face, wide and open, showing her over-whitened teeth. Suna never saw her smile before. She had a wonderful smile. It was the kind of smile where others wanted to join in. Suna felt his lips twitch, and he was entirely under her spell.

"Oh, I really like that brand," Momo mentioned to the bag of chips in his large hands. "Did you hear that they will stop manufacturing next year? Sucks, right?"

"Totally. Hey...do you want to share these?"

"Sure."

Together, they walked to into the cafeteria. Suna and Momo exchanged their thoughts about the brand. Momo didn't realize they were heading to an empty table until she sat down opposite him.

"You can't be serious! Nobody likes the flavored onion chip."

"I like them!" Momo snickered.

"You're weird! Oh, Osamu!"

Suna waved towards a burly handsome grey-haired man. He made his way from the cafeteria shop to their table. His strong arms carried a tablet filled with various kinds of food: everything from onigiris to chicken popcorn and fruit salad. He took a seat next to Momo, who threw him a short glance. For just a second, she thought Atsumu was sitting next to her, and then she remembered. Atsumu had a twin.